logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gerrit  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2005 9:45:49 AM(UTC)
Gerrit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Please can we have another way of specifying entry price other than just O,H,L,C. The way that would make this work brilliantly is in the buy/sell tabs where we can choose between market/limit/stop/ etc. Add another radio button called 'Dynamic'. In the same function box where one would have specified code for calculating a limit/stop price we can now calculate the actual 'dynamic market' price instead. So for example here is a simple moving average cross that I would like to test with this dynamic pricing say in a buy tab: Normal buy signal code: CROSS(C, MOV(C, 20, E)) Then below the formula select dynamic price and in the formula box normally used for limit/stop price calculations we specify the dynamic price calculation below : MOV(C,20, E) + 2 So on a bar that (exagurating now) goes from 20 points below the average to 20 points above my test entry would be 2 above the actual cross rather than the open or close of the bar that were 20 points out either way and SO not what I would have traded at. Please please can we have this, it will make Metastock so much more powerful in recreating closer to real market conditions. Thanks Gerrit