logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zaprap  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2005 5:14:22 PM(UTC)
zaprap

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I'm subscribed to the Reuters Datalink North American package; I just discovered that to get indices data, I need to pay some more! Am I the only one who's [censored]ed off about this? It clearly states on Equis website that there are 4 packages available, and nowhere does it seem to say that North American indices are not part of the North American package. I think it's ridiculous, as those indices are made up of North American stocks anyway. It seems to me that Equis is misleading its customers with this. Am I the only one feeling this way or am I missing something?
Marilyn  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2005 9:20:25 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Hi Zap! I am sorry that you misunderstood this... Here is the text directly from our website: Select a Data Package* Thank you for choosing Reuters DataLink for your data needs. We appreciate your trust in us and we will work hard to preserve that trust. Below are the data package choices available to you. Annual packages yield an estimated 10% savings North American Stocks & US Mutual Funds $269.95/yr $24.95/mo European Stocks & Mutual Funds $269.95/yr $24.95/mo Asian Stocks & Mutual Funds $269.95/yr $24.95/mo Worldwide Futures $269.95/yr $24.95/mo *You must select at least one package. Optional Package International Indices $107.95/yr $9.95/mo Bill me every: Year Month You can see it online at https://www.metastock.co...s/RDL/Order/?c=&p=3&i=57 I don't think that the intention was to deceive you... I am sorry that you are having issues. How did you order? Please respond.. Hate to see anyone unhappy... Marilyn
zaprap  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2005 10:05:32 PM(UTC)
zaprap

Thank you for your swift reply Marylin, it is very much appreciated. Now if I only want american and canadian indices, do I have to pay? I did send an email to sales@equis.com, and here's part of the answer:"If you are just looking for the major indices, you should look into getting the QQQQ, SPY, DIA. You wouldn't have to pay extra for these". Am I suppose to already have access to these indices or do I have to ask for them even if they're free? When I try to access them using the symbols in the software it doesn't work.
Marilyn  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2005 1:21:05 AM(UTC)
Marilyn

Sorry that I didn't answer this in a timely manner... distracted from my computer. Can you call our support number tomorrow morning (Utah time) 1 (801) 265-9998. They can answer all your questions in no time... Hold on - let me bug Patrick.. He knows everything! :mrgreen:
Patrick  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2005 1:26:15 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It's an all or nothing kinda deal ...We don't separate indices like other data providers. :smt059 So for $9.95 a month you get access to all NORTH AMERICAN INDICES and I believe any other indices data we have (french, greek, Italian etc ... ) Patrick :mrgreen:
Marilyn  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2005 1:30:09 AM(UTC)
Marilyn

oz_pdt_02r sorry - hope this helps....
OPPRIME  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2005 3:51:32 PM(UTC)
OPPRIME

Here is a little clarity. SPY, QQQQ, and DIA are stocks. They are included in the stock package. The thing is they follow the market indices because they are based on the market indices. SPY is a publicly traded stock that follows the SP500 QQQQ follows then Nasdaq DIA follows DJIA You can collect these because they are stocks. You should contact the support team if you have questions.
zaprap  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2005 5:46:14 PM(UTC)
zaprap

Thanks for the info, I'll try that.