logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
luxm3  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2005 6:55:26 PM(UTC)
luxm3

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I have a problem. When I open my metastock files list appears different files with different period. So my chart is divided into 2 parts.Example. The same file appears in this way: FIAT.MI 02 gen 2002 untill 02 gen 2004 F.MI 03 gen 2004 untill 02 may 2005 This is the same file but with different name and so different chart. Is possible with metastock to unite the files and so see just a chart? Thank you very much. ciaooooooooooooooooooo
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2005 7:18:54 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm guessing this is from the Milan exchange, did a spin off occured? Was Fiat and ferrari split or combined at that time? or something similar? You should research the news around that time period, maybe it was when shumacher was winning every F1 championship with Ferrari they changed the symbol :D Patrick :mrgreen:
Patrick  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2005 7:22:54 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was not the owner of Fiat also the owner of Juventus di turino? Didn't he die last year? Alright I'm stoppping the guess work, let's find out :oops: :D
luxm3  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2005 7:32:14 PM(UTC)
luxm3

Patrick wrote:
Was not the owner of Fiat also the owner of Juventus di turino? Didn't he die last year? Alright I'm stoppping the guess work, let's find out :oops: :D
Yes.......He was Giovanni Agnelli I am from Milan But I don't like Juventus....I prefer great Milan!!!!!! About metastock: the file is alaway the same but different name. How can I get a single file with all datas??????'
Patrick  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2005 7:39:13 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Try combining Them ... of Course keep the most recent symbol ... To combine them, open the downloader, click on tools, merge. Browse to the folder of the first symbol and select the first symbol. For the destination do the same thing and click on options, select keep destination and then "maybe" delete source. and click on ok. It should merge the data for both files. I'm surprised it was not done autopmatically but I guess these are the joys of data mangement. I really though Milan AC would win the champions league this year, oh well ... Patrick :mrgreen:
luxm3  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2005 7:52:25 PM(UTC)
luxm3

Patrick wrote:
Try combining Them ... of Course keep the most recent symbol ... To combine them, open the downloader, click on tools, merge. Browse to the folder of the first symbol and select the first symbol. For the destination do the same thing and click on options, select keep destination and then "maybe" delete source. and click on ok. It should merge the data for both files. I'm surprised it was not done autopmatically but I guess these are the joys of data mangement. I really though Milan AC would win the champions league this year, oh well ... Patrick :mrgreen:
It was not done automatically because I download data from Yahoo as you suggested me but sametimes yahoo changes the ticker so need to modify files. I think that you'llbe my teacher....you are great...Thanks About Milan AC don't worry...Next year.... Patrick do you know STEEL CASE company? I worked in michigam and north carolina for him. We built italian line production(robots) for painting forniture..... ciaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Patrick  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2005 8:02:49 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Quote:
Patrick do you know STEEL CASE company?
:-k Nope, sorry
luxm3  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2005 8:16:06 PM(UTC)
luxm3

Patrick wrote:
Quote:
Patrick do you know STEEL CASE company?
:-k Nope, sorry
SUPER PATRICK.......... Now all file are single with the simbol that I want YOU ARE GREAT!!!! Ciaoooooooooooooo. See you for the next question.... If you would two very good italian stocks check for the next days SORIN and IMA. Long time is possible to ghet +50% ciaoooooooooooooooo