logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
happysingh  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2005 5:17:07 PM(UTC)
happysingh

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

hi all i am new user of meta stock pro 8 from india. i am trader in indian share markets, i.e. nse and bse. i want to know that how can i get the data (real time) or end of the day on my meta stock. is it free or some cost is to be paid. from where to get the data for indian markets to work with meta stock pro 8. please guide me for the same. thank u navneet singhal
muralik4  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2005 7:28:00 AM(UTC)
muralik4

Hi Happy, even i am in similar position. kindly let me know once you get a source. my mail ID: muralik4@rediffmail.com. I'll do the same regards :idea:
wabbit  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2005 8:04:53 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Check to see if data is available from your bank or stockbroker. Try http://in.finance.yahoo.com to see if they have free data. I think they stopped providing free data some time ago, but you never know, they might be back in the game again? Otherwise you might have to use a pay-for-service data provider. Ask your local stock exchange who subscribes to their data. Stock exchanges dont just give their information away - they sell it. All you have to do is find out, to whom do they sell their information! Hope this helps. wabbit :D
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2005 5:11:49 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Aren't the symbols for bse/nse already in the Downloader symbol database? Read here: https://www.metastock.com/products/product.aspx?c=5&p=3&i=58fee. IMO, the data integrity makes it worth the price as compared to searching for a freebie. :)
muralik4  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2005 8:05:07 PM(UTC)
muralik4

:?: National Stock Exchange of India provides data on their website but how do we use DOWNLOADER to down load that data ,may be it is not metastock compatable, or is there a method. kindly help! :idea:
Patrick  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2005 8:10:33 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey Muralik, Usually when you get free data the key word is not "Download" but rather "Convert". You should find out how to convert your free data into something MetaStock can read. Now if you check your manual or the downloader help and serch for "CONVERT", you will find out how to convert data and what format the downloader can convert ... Patrick :mrgreen:
muralik4  
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2005 4:23:28 PM(UTC)
muralik4

Thanks Patrick, currently thats what i do, but it takes a long time. I need to cut & paste each day's EOD data. TOO cumbersome & time consuming. kindly suggest other alternative. Plz. Regards