logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cib74  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2005 1:32:38 AM(UTC)
cib74

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi all Using MSpro 8, i have created a number of intraday securites (forex) with 5 minute intervals. When i am connected to the data server my charts are updated in real time, no problem there. But how do i keep them up to date? Let's say i disconnect for day, when i connect again my charts are missing a day's data. I have tried using the downloader, which attempts to update them but ends with "No securities were updated, errors occured." Can anyone advise, or point me to an online resource, on how to keep intraday securities up to date using eSignal and MSpro 8? THanks CAble
joetrade69  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2005 3:21:15 PM(UTC)
joetrade69

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

It sounds like you are using Local Data. These files only get updated when the data/file servers and the data manager are running. There isn't an easy way to fill in the gaps. The DownLoader can only update EOD securities, not intraday. You want to use DataOnDemand Save the attached file to your DownLoader folder (C:\\Program Files\\Equis\ he DownLoader, by default), then restart MetaStock Go into the Open dialog Select the eSignal button Double click on the eSignalsForex.sym folder Select the desired symbol, select the periodicity in the lower, keft Click Open These charts will automatically do the data management for you.
cib74  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2005 11:35:15 PM(UTC)
cib74

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Thanks for the file and advice, all working now :)