logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
asplus  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2005 6:39:54 PM(UTC)
asplus

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I would like some opinions on the Trade Oracle plug-in. Thanks.
henry1224  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2005 12:44:44 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Most of the systems are from the Performance systems Plus add-on, They can system test all at once and then sort out the best. Since they are written in an external formula they calculate faster.
StorkBite  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2005 4:28:55 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
There is a 'best systems' function that runs lightening fast. It will determine the most profitable system(s) for the security. It's pretty nice. :D
moneypick  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2005 5:38:38 PM(UTC)
moneypick

g_stockman wrote:
There is a 'best systems' function that runs lightening fast. It will determine the most profitable system(s) for the security. It's pretty nice. :D
Hi everyone, "Best Systems" function in Trade Oracle Highlite Three best system for a security in title bar. There is any function in Trade Oracle to find three best securities in our watchlist for next day investment. Thx,
ckstarrrr  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:48:50 AM(UTC)
ckstarrrr

It seems to me, asplus asked for "opinions" and I see mostly "descriptions". Does anyone use Trade Oracle, and if so, what are your "opinions" about it? Is it useful? It is worth its large price tag? Thanks
garp  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2005 5:55:46 PM(UTC)
garp

After research, I took the plunge and bought it. Ordered it from my Metastock rep on the 21st and have yet to receive it. Eight days in transit (thus far) and counting. Metastock shipped it via USPS!! You'd think they'd use a more reliable way of sending. I'll post my feedback as I obtain results. G
sportrider  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2006 2:30:59 AM(UTC)
sportrider

To continue the topic: Has anyone played around with Trade Oracle.I have performance systems plus and really have not used it much how does it differ from Trade Oracle? Are the systems different?I was thinking that maybe if it not use as a stand alone that it would be of great benefit to just be able to look at the code and learn from it and built upon it or incorporate it into own systems.also to learn how to put systems together........any opinions ,comments,...anything on this topic would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
wooton  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2006 4:42:09 AM(UTC)
wooton

I received Trade Oracle five days ago and have been testing it since. There is plenty of variety in the systems. But unfortunately, for the way I like to trade (swing trades), very few of the systems were very effective. I amstill trying to evaluate if it is worthwhile or not.
StorkBite  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2006 5:28:37 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

One drawback that I've found with TO is that it can only be installed 3 times. If you change computers or have to reinstall MS for some reason, then you'll quickly be out of reinstalls. Wow, that was a quick $500. :(
Marilyn  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2006 3:35:05 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

:) If you 3+ installation thing is valid you can just plead your case to the guys at TSA Group. They are all resonable. I am sure they will let you off the hook...
pumrysh  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2006 3:42:50 PM(UTC)
pumrysh

g, Can only install 3 times? Well then install to an external drive and take it wherever you want. :-) Preston
StorkBite  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2006 8:31:45 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Thanks for the replies. I just wanted to throw it out there for the innocent. The external drive is an excellent idea. Simple and eloquent. :D
damo  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2006 1:42:09 PM(UTC)
damo

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
internal, external, whatever......3 installs is tough. i wish they would advertise that when purchasing the product. i believe they have a right to protect their software but this also seems a little deceptive.
Marilyn  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2006 3:25:24 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

You are right damo... However... I used to work in the marketing dept at Equis and I didn't know that. Trade Oracle is made by TSA Group and Equis markets it. I don't think anyone in marketing now know that this is the case.. Not that ignorance is an excuse... Just don't want you thinking anyone is trying to be deceptive. :) Should I be good and email this to the appropriate people so they know??? <internal debate insues...> Ok - I will email them. :) M
damo  
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2006 6:43:57 AM(UTC)
damo

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
thanks marilyn, that should be a good start. i ordered it about a week ago and my enthusiasm for it has dampened a little. i'm too scared to install it now!! for those that think $500 is tough try paying for it with an aussie dollar! with the equis special it still cost me $845!! (without the special it would have been nearly $1000) by the way, i still trust equis, it's t.s.a. that i'm concerned about. it's unfortunate that as honest adults we sometimes all get branded as software pirates and have to abide by rediculously tough anti-piracy laws where in the end it appears as though we "temporarily lease" the software rather than purchasing it.
Marilyn  
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2006 4:37:16 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

I hear ya... and you know I hear both sides of the story. As a marketing person I know the value of the customer experience. If you don't make the customer feel safe, happy and satisfied with the purchase then no matter what you are selling it ain't gonna fly. But you start talking to the programmers and powers that be and the piracy and ownership issues start coming out. The difficulty is coming up with a reasonably secure product (keeps the honest people honest) that doesn't make everyone feel like a criminal. Where is that line??? Well - there is the $60,000 question. So - as customers... if you feel like you are being treated poorly don't just go away... tell the powers that be. Especially if you like the product. I would say tell me but I am not with Equis anymore so it wouldn't do much good. If you want to PM me I can send your comments to the appropriate people over there. Otherwise, keep the faith. I can vouch for these guys. They will take good care of you... and if they don't come and tell me - I will put you in contact with someone who will :) M
jstaron  
#17 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2006 3:01:20 PM(UTC)
jstaron

Hi, I'm totally unimpressed with Trade Oracle. Doesn't give any results for my list of 25 stocks. All stocks are rejected. Don't know why. Now I don't care why! Joe
Patrick  
#18 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2006 4:31:04 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Joe, I don't care about trade oracle but I just deleted 4 topics of yours which said the same thing. We understand you do not like the plug in. So yes you should let other people know that it did not work for you and why but please don't create the same topic multiple times. I hope you will understand that we should keep this thread as the main "Trade oracle". Patrick :mrgreen:
jstaron  
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2006 3:46:30 PM(UTC)
jstaron

Hi, Patrick I found out what why I wasn't getting results from Trade Oracle on my 25 stocks. The default download is set to "minimum" so I wasn't getting enough data. Got this answer from TSA group. Now it is working fine. Wonder why the default was set to minimum? Also, I'm not sure how to post replies to the "Trade Oracle" thread as you suggested. Is this thread it and if so, why isn't is labeled "Trade Oracle". Please advise. Thanks, Joe
StorkBite  
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2006 8:10:38 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

This is the correct thread... it has been titled Trade Oracle from the beginning.