logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
robcpettit  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2005 7:59:04 PM(UTC)
robcpettit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi, I hoping somebody can advise me with 2 little problems Im having. Ive asked on other forums with no joy. Basically I have my shares spread over 10 folders, each for a different sector. Now, what I did was write an indicator showing 201 centered m/a with upper and lower bands. Plotted the indicator on a share in say number 1 folder, along with 201 centered m/a built into metastock to use as a guide to check mine. To begin with mine was of vertically by about 10%. tried in several shares in the same folder, some would plot perfect, others were way of. Then what I did next was as soon as it plotted perfectly I saved this as a template. This is the part were I get confused, when I open any folder including number one with the template the indicator is perfect. Why? Next opening shares in folder 5, I plotted inbuilt 201 centered m/a, then for some reason I decided to check the plot against another charting program, to discover that metastock was out again. When i scrolled through the folder using the 'use chart as template' option the rest of the shares were fine. Why? I tried plotting my indicator again and it was way of. To recap, if I plot my indicator or metastocks m/a there of(as if someones put a pin in the middle of the plot and twisted it), but if I use saved template with my indicator, or chart as template with metastocks all is fine. I hope Ive not confussed the issue. Regards Robert
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2005 8:59:03 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Make sure your indicators are merged to the right scale. Patrick
robcpettit  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2005 9:32:26 PM(UTC)
robcpettit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Thanks Patrick, A little thing thats made so much difference Regards Robert