logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
skeetabomb  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2005 1:08:29 AM(UTC)
skeetabomb

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hey Patrick, Can you please tell me if the links to images that I'm posting are working? And does all this information get back to the guys who actually sit there writing the programming code for the next release of Metastock? Here is another set of ideas for improvements to the formula builder design... UserPostedImage I work visually, as you might have guessed. In this picture, you'll see that I have consolidated the three windows currently used to write a custom indicator...that's too many to open and too much clicking. I have made one window that lists all formulae up top, the actual formula code for the currently selected formula in the middle and the list of available functions down the bottom. I have also added some columns to the list of formulae, although if the Data Window changes I posted earlier were implemented, these columns wouldn't really be necessary EXCEPT the 'Include in Dropdown List' checkboxes - but I thought they had been included in version 9...Tonight when I looked in the indicator builder, they were not there! At the very LEAST the indicator builder window should be resizable. So too should the Expert Adviser editing window. This is a continual frustration - I find myself having to use Notepad to stop word wrapping to get a clearer view of the code. I don't want to have to do this. Once you have seen the first image, here is another showing an example of how it might look in a layout...UserPostedImage Ponder the idea of a Control Panel or Dashboard which is always visible and can be clicked or manipulated at any time without having to open more windows (i.e. if you want it displayed all the time). Also, I should be able to build custom formulae by simply selecting a plot and dragging it into the formula window, either straight into the code window to create a brand new formula (this would automatically write the fml(), fmlvar() or extfml() function and the name of the plot/formula I just dragged), or onto another formula in the list to add to it, which would automatically highlight the target formula, display it's code in the middle window and append the formula code of the plot I just dropped to the end, whence I can simply select the text and drag it to where I want it, adding the necessary syntax and operators etc. to complete the change. You will notice that the plot selected on the chart is that of the formula highlighted in the Indicator Builder window formula list at the top. Which ever plot you select on the chart should be the one that has focus or is highlighted in the Indicator 'Dashboard'. Cheers, SteveD/skeetabomb. :wink: