logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dod  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2005 8:52:08 AM(UTC)
dod

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I scan a large database of stocks and put those that meet my crtieria in a favourites folder. I then look through the favourites, deleting many. Those I keep I often want to draw trendlines on. However, as I scroll through the stocks, any trendlines I draw don't 'stick' with the stock I draw them on but 'carry through' to all the other stocks, too. Is there any way of saving trendlines and maybe text that I've attached to these individual charts? Nick
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2005 11:52:12 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey nick..... is "use chart as template" checked...... look in the lower right for the choose security box.... click on that box and click the 'use smart charts' under the option tab.... now your dealing with each security on its on....... meta has several other places that can be done such as under 'tools'-'options'-'chart options'..... h
dod  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2005 3:59:28 PM(UTC)
dod

Aha, Hayseed, maybe that's it. Yes, it seems to be. So, does that mean, if I check 'use smart chart', that I can't 'save' a template with a trendline? It's either one or the other?
hayseed  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2005 6:14:29 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey nick..... templates and smart charts are kinda different things, but yes you can still save a template with trendlines.... if you did save a trendline on a 'template' it would only relate to that one security.... in other words you'd be back in your original question boat.... it might be best to save the trendline on that specific security's smart chart....... templates are more for indicators, line studies, overlays or experts that can be applied from one security to the next with no ties to the previous one..... a saved trend line would be a tie......there are a few exceptions to that, however..... it takes a few minutes to create them, but once saved, templates seem to be the most efficient for me.....h
dod  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2005 8:47:31 PM(UTC)
dod

Mmm. I guess I'll eventually find my way around Metastock ... having migrated from Supercharts, I find a lot of things seem back to front. Cheers, Nick