logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
skeetabomb  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2005 4:53:30 PM(UTC)
skeetabomb

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Regarding new ideas for application features and enhancements, if a user submits an idea for a unique, new feature in Metastock that is then implemented by Equis, do you think that the user should be rewarded with free future upgrades and/or data (for a period) since it will boost the popularity of Metastock? SteveD
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2005 4:57:39 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
:lol: how do we know for sure who suggested the new feature first? :D What if I get the store working and get some items for it and then award more points for good suggestions ... Would that work for you? Patrick
Marilyn  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2005 4:58:03 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

:) I like the way you think Steve. Can't guarantee anything of course (that was my legal disclaimer) but I do want you all to know that your feedback and input is VERY important. Please don't assume that we don't want it or need it. Just working out the most effective way to implement it. Keep your great ideas and comments coming. Do I get to vote in the poll?? :) Marilyn
skeetabomb  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2005 5:17:07 PM(UTC)
skeetabomb

Yes, I am very aware that it would be difficult to enforce intellectual ownership...I forgot to mention that in my first post. Nonetheless, I did see in a post yesterday or the day before someone mentioning something about publicising the current features being worked on...Of course, that is also not without it's drawbacks - competition. This is why I also said that I would very much like to communicate with the Metastock development Team directly. I believe that we could make some monumental improvements (not that I don't already think it is a great product - I am very unwilling to change what I use). Every time I see a new type of indicator or a new way of charting/graphing data, I think to myself, "how can I do that in Metastock?" I want to repeat something I posted yesterday, can the Dev. Team please consider changing the charting engine so we can plot in the future? I can't tell you how much just this change would benefit users. Also, I would like to see the introduction of Macros and ODBC into Metastock. I also would like to see the official 2GB database size limit dissappear (this is imposed by the Microsoft Jet DB Engine, which is part of Windows, and on which Metastock relies - well, at least the System Tester relies on it for storing System Test results). Thanks, Marilyn, for you comment. Patrick, as you will see, I only joined this forum a few days ago, but I do have alot to say... Cheers All, SteveD :wink:
skeetabomb  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2005 5:21:41 PM(UTC)
skeetabomb

Marilyn, Hey, if you want to vote please be my guest! I'm sure you know I want everyone to vote 'yes'. It sounds as if you and Patrick both work for Equis. Is that right? Anyway, I'm in London and it's late Friday afternoon. Will check back next week. Ciou! SteveD.
Marilyn  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2005 7:56:56 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Hello Steve - Yup - Patrick and I both work at Equis... He is the IT wizard and I am a lowly marketing coordinator. In fact, if any of you have complaints (or suggestions :lol:) about the email that arrives in your inbox just let me know! I am the responsible party. Marilyn
skeetabomb  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2005 1:14:11 AM(UTC)
skeetabomb

...Don't know why I didn't think of this before, we could EMAIL them, then print them and then post them for real to ourselves without opening the envelopes! This is a valid way of proving the idea was ours in court as long as the envelope is post dated, not opened and no one else has one that is postdated earlier. Just a thought...
Patrick  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2005 4:35:01 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
In court eh bs_whatexc Do you think it will go that far oz_pdt_01q oz_pdt_04 Let's quit right now then :D Patrick
StorkBite  
#9 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2005 2:35:32 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
H E Y ! ! ! Skeeta stole my idea! [-X :P
skeetabomb  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2005 6:09:25 PM(UTC)
skeetabomb

Ha ha haa! I'm reading this thread after a couple of months away and I'm laughing at what I wrote. :lol: What we all REALLY want is to MAKE MONEY TRADING THE MARKETS! 8:-) Is that not right? :? Silly me. :oops: