logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
coachphil74  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2005 5:30:23 PM(UTC)
coachphil74

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

We will be having a Metastock Users Group meeting this Wednesday, May 4 at the home of George Loyd in Vancouver. Please let me know if you will be attending. Regards, Phil Sanders
Marilyn  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2005 7:48:18 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Thanks for the update Phil. I will send an email to the Oregon users. Let me know if you need anything! Marilyn
gnorthern  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2005 12:21:25 AM(UTC)
gnorthern

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Can you provide an agenda for the meeting?
timing  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2005 12:47:26 AM(UTC)
timing

A general idea of the meeting agenda would be good, as well as time of day. Paul [censored]ningham
marklovesportland  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2005 5:27:50 AM(UTC)
marklovesportland

Hi, I am interested in attending, as I am a new user to Metastock. Can you tell me the date, time, and place of your meeting? I included my email, if you need to email me privately. Also, would you like me to bring any "goodies"? Thanks, Mark McPherson marklovesportland@hotmail.com
gnorthern  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2005 5:51:11 PM(UTC)
gnorthern

One other question. Are the user groups meetings for MetaStock non-profit or do the leaders of the group make a commission off the sales generated within the group?
Patrick  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2005 8:14:26 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
User groups should be non profit. In theory you all should already own metastock. The meetings should be educational and interresting for MetaStock users. It is not a sales tool for Equis and should not be ... Of course you will sometimes discuss new products but the content of the meetings is really up to the users and their leader. A leader of a user group does not get comissions on any sales, he does sometimes get some freebies from Equis as a thank you,for setting up the user group and maintaining it. But ultimately the leader is a user just like you ... I hope this answer your question. Now you see all user group leaders who did not get a present will be upset :oops: :mrgreen: Patrick
Marilyn  
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2005 11:18:51 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

I am going to chime in my two cents worth too. I actually coordinate all of the user groups and they are most definitely not for profit kind of things. About half of the groups charge a nominal fee but ALL of those funds should go to paying for the room or anything else that needs to be paid for. The meetings vary depending on the group. Some of the groups are more geared towards technical analysis independent of software platform, others are purely MetaStock and some focus on trading. The user group leader is simply someone who organizes the events and more often than not a group will have two or three coordinators to take the pressure off of one person. So - they don't get commission, they don't charge for profit and there are a variety of kinds of groups... There have been the odd group leader who has tried to do 'naughty' things but they usually get turned in and we remove their rights as user group leaders. If you know anyone who would like to start a group let me know! I will help you sort it out! Marilyn
coachphil74  
#9 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2005 2:57:34 AM(UTC)
coachphil74

The Portland meeting will be this coming Wed. 7:15 PM at the home of George Loyd in Vancouver. We will be working on The Explorer. Please let me know if you will be attending & need directions. Regards Phil Sanders philipsanders2@comcast.net