logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
globalcurrency  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2005 10:02:21 PM(UTC)
globalcurrency

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I have an esignal version of metastock pro 9 I no longer intend to use esignal for feed. Instead I want to use hyperserver lite because it no has fxcm refco forex feed built in free of charge, esignal charges rediculous price for just a portion of the market. i.e. Forex. anyway I have downloaded the hyper server lite installed and registered it it seems to function. Yet my metastock pro 9 keeps wanting a dll esignal file folder....? and the button to edit the vendor section is disabled.. What can I do to get the program to work with Hyperserver lite. Now Metastock will not work anymore at all. Anyone got a fix?
KevinC  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2005 6:01:48 PM(UTC)
KevinC

Globalcurrency, As Hyperserver is an outside third party (i.e. not associated with Equis), I don't have any idea of what it may have done to your installation. However, you can usually fix any problem by renaming the Equis folder to EquisOld and then reinstalling the software. If you have any custom formulas, charts, templates, or layouts, copy over these files from EquisOld to Equis: MS90FORM.dta MS90EXPT.dta MS90EXPL.dta ST_DATA.mdb The Charts folder KevinC
Patrick  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2005 10:09:47 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Kevin, The question that remains is, during the install should we pick esignal or no vendor as the real time vendor? Sorry just curious ... Patrick
KevinC  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2005 5:45:22 PM(UTC)
KevinC

I guess we would have to see it in action to really determine for sure. If it's providing a real-time feed into MetaStock Pro, I would assume that it's "hijacking" the eSignal connection to transmit it's own real-time data. If no real-time vendor was selected during installation, the Data Server won't be active, and I don't know how they'd get the real-time feed into MetaStock without it. I guess to summarize, I really don't know but I would assume it would require that eSignal be installed as the real-time vendor. Only they could answer for sure, though.
ibhim  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2005 11:54:37 AM(UTC)
ibhim

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I will give it a try, but be aware I only use Metastock (non-Pro) EOD data. They have multiple versions of Hypertrader Lite based on the data provider, so make sure you are using the FXCM version, not the E-Signal version. I currently use their "Online Downloader" for EOD data from Metatrader. When I had an E-Signal account, I used the ESignal version, and yes it launched esignal's data manager - like Metastock Pro is attempting to do in your case. There is no 'hijacking' of the signal as it officially signs into your authorized access at the servers whereever the data is coming from. NOTE: one problem I had, if you installed a different version, such as esignal, make sure is totally removed - including manually deleting the directory/files that were left behind by the uninstall pargram - prior to installing a different version. Some left behind files could be calling up the request in Metastock Pro for the .dll file. Suggestions: May want to go to the Hyperserver lite forum and 1)search for past posts on the same issue, and/or 2) post the question over there. Their forum moderator, Armando Fabrizo, has been great at answering questions I have posed concerning the Online Downloader. Frankly, If I had a need for Metastock Pro, I would use your same approach since I already have an FXCM account. If it didn't work, would strongly consider their Hyperserver (non-lite) since their realtime feed is quite reasonable for Forex only @49Euro/mo. Metastock moderator: you may want to look at their products and forum. Don't know if I can post links here so google 'hyperserver lite'. It is an Italian web site, but written in english. I found it as referenced in other forums discussing 'free' data for Metastock.