logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hayseed  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2005 5:49:58 AM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

and now for something confusing that might be of value..... while studying on a question by glyn involving running experts on entire portfolios, i've stumbled on this....... experts might not have to be attached to anything and still work..... this expert has nothing entered under trends, nothing entered under alerts, nothing entered anywhere except under the commentary as seen and name..... its different conditions for different issues and attached to nothing yet the commentary prints out all met conditions.... no, its not attached to that 'amgn' chart..... so it appears that a portfolio of securities could have a collection of conditions listed only in the commentary of a single expert and each work individually while attached to nothing..... now thats a real hmmmmmmmm..... btw, my commentarys were simple and to the point, ie, its late..... the next step, will that expert call my cell phone, will have to wait until tommorrow......below is the code to change if you want to tinker.....h
writeif(a:=security("csco",close);a<18,"csco closed under 18 ") writeif(a:=security("cien",close);a<mov(a,10,s),"cien closed under 10 pma ") writeif(a:=security("cin",close);a>mov(a,10,s),"buy signal on cin ") writeif(a:=security("cmvt",stoch(5,3));stoch(5,3)>40,"stoch buy on comverse ") writeif(a:=security("intc",rsi(14));rsi(14)>40,"intc rsi >50 ") writeif(a:=security("amd",close);cross(mov(a,20,s),mov(a,10 ,s)),"sell amd, 10 pma crossed below 20pma ") writeif(a:=security("ibm",close);a<(mov(a,50,S)),"ibm is below 50pma ") writeif(a:=security("mot",close);cross(mov(a,20,s),mov(a,10 ,s)),"sell mot, 10 pma crossed below 20pma ") writeif(a:=security("glw",close);a>(mov(a,50,S)),"glw is above 50pma ") -----------------------------------------------------