logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gerrit  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2005 12:55:22 PM(UTC)
Gerrit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi Is it possible to create custom functions? I have many things I like to use in all my systems, and if they were functions I could just call them. For example I want to write a function that tests if the time of day is within a certain range, if so return true otherwise return false. So far all I could see are custom indicators and for those I have not even worked out how to build parameters into them. Thanks Gerrit
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2005 3:16:22 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You could create indicators that would only reprensent a "function" and then use the formula call function to refer to it. For example I created an indicator called "Patrick" that does a lot of calculations and that I reuse in all my custom indicators. I can write : fml("Patrick") rather than retyping all the code again. This will however not pass any input you might have programmed in your original indicator and will use the default values. Patrick PS: Do not abuse the Fml() function as it does slow down the calculation of an indicator ...
Jose  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2005 5:50:38 PM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Here is an example of custom function code: [code:1:f29698c805] =================== BarsSince Nth event =================== ---8<----------------------- { ©Copyright 2005 Jose Silva } { For personal use only } { http://www.metastocktools.com } { User inputs } NthEvent:=Input("BarsSince Nth event (1=last, 2=2nd last, etc)",1,1000,2); plot:=Input("plot: [1]BarsSince Nth event, [2]Event signals",1,2,1); { Event example } signal:=Cross(RSI(14),40); { Count events backwards } count:=LastValue(Cum(signal))-Cum(signal)+1; { BarsSince Nth event } BarsSinceNth:= HighestSinceBars(NthEvent+1,signal,count); { Plot in own window } If(plot=1,BarsSinceNth,signal) ---8<----------------------- [/code:1:f29698c805] jose '-) http://www.metastocktools.com
Gerrit  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2005 4:54:30 PM(UTC)
Gerrit

Hi Patrick/Jose I'll use the cutom indicator as you describe. It is a pitty I can not pass input parameters in, but will look at the input function. Copy and paste + hardcoding will have to cover any limitations. Thanks Gerrit