logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jose  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2005 1:52:09 AM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Please excuse me if this topic has been already covered elsewhere: What are EquisPoints? And more importantly, can they be exchanged for frequent flyer points? :wink: jose '-)
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2005 3:23:51 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was working on setting up a virtual stock exchange sortta game http://forum.equis.com/viewtopic.php?t=218 So I created this point reward system, I still have to finish the shop and find what to sell ( really give away :) ) in that shop. All I can say is that at some point you might be able to get a free MetaStock T-shirt with my signature on it for a mere 1000000 points :mrgreen: Since you brought the topic up, can you tell me what an advance MetaStock User/Coder like you would appreciate as a reward? I doubt a plug in or a discount on a plug in would be of any value since you have the ability to create your own stuff ... Maybe we could give you a discount to upgrade to version 9 that you dislike so much :D I would really appreciate your feedback on this Patrick
Jose  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2005 1:15:58 AM(UTC)
Jose

Patrick, I'm all for anything that promotes MetaStock, and makes the process fun. As a matter of fact, I'm planning a MetaStock coding competition which I hope to be able to post here within the next month or so. And as mentioned on another post, I'd love to get my hands on the MetaStock Developer's Kit read/write v9.0/10 for a prize. However, if that is not realistic, perhaps an interview with the people that make the decisions on MetaStock development would be nice - I have a few questions to ask there. ;) Lastly, I'd like to say that this forum has the potential to become a very popular meeting place. The usergroups are great, but the valuable posts there eventually get buried by other not so valuable. Keep up the good work! :) jose '-) http://www.metastocktools.com
Patrick  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2005 12:09:40 AM(UTC)
Patrick

A MetaStock coding competition .... Hum that would be fun, would we have enough participant though?
Quote:
And as mentioned on another post, I'd love to get my hands on the MetaStock Developer's Kit read/write v9.0/10 for a prize.
Answered on the other topic
Quote:
However, if that is not realistic, perhaps an interview with the people that make the decisions on MetaStock development would be nice - I have a few questions to ask there. Wink
I think it would fair and should be done but can't promise anything just yet .... Thanks Patrick
wabbit  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2005 2:00:41 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Jose wrote:
As a matter of fact, I'm planning a MetaStock coding competition which I hope to be able to post here within the next month or so.
...and Jose, since you and Roy are the BEST programmers in the universe this competition will finally decide the best of the best? LOL wabbit :
Patrick  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2005 2:05:39 AM(UTC)
Patrick

It's alright as long as we get free formulae :) Wabbit you seem pretty good yourself, I have seen you post lots of code other places ... We could work a handicap setup :) or maybe setup teams ... or just remove them from the competition :oops:
wabbit  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2005 3:15:17 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Maybe the competition could be to find a way to code a particular idea/problem? The idea/problem could be set by Patrick? Lottery? Random from list? Maybe Equis needs something for the next MS release? For example, let's say the comp rules are to: "plot the five highest closing prices in the last three months of trading" W[censored]ver solves the problem in the best fashion, least lines of code, most user friendly, least bugs, most user options, etc etc wins? just a thought... wabbit :D
Jose  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2005 6:38:20 AM(UTC)
Jose

Thanks for the additional comp ideas, guys. My original idea for this first competition will favour those that can code reasonably well in MetaStock. Subsequent competitions will probably involve a random element. The whole idea is to make it *FUN*, and generate further interest in the MetaStock platform. The coding competition I have in mind involves plotting seemingly simple signals - a solution which can be coded in eight lines or so. Each week I'll divulge a new hint until somebody comes up with MS code that plots the same signals. Obviously I'm not in the running for the prize (there'll be three valuable choices), and Roy is probably too busy with the MSTT newsletter to bother. Subsequent competitions will probably involve a random element. In any case, this first competition will have to wait until I finish putting together one of three new MetaStock kits I'm working on at the moment, so we could be looking at another two weeks' wait or so. Begin sharpening your coding skills now! ;) jose '-) http://www.metastocktools.com
Marilyn  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2005 2:46:33 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

I will sort out prizes... Looking in the developers kit as a possibility. One question - who does the judging?? :)
Marilyn  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2005 3:44:42 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Alright - I can get a MDK as a first place prize! There are two types and it probably isn't the one you were referring to but the only difference between the two is that one version does a read/write of the MSFL section and one only does a read. The read/write version is primarily used for companies who sign a distribution agreements for country wide (or large area) distribution where we do not currently have interfaces with local data feeds. The version I can get does all of the other things - lets you code in whatever language you like and create dlls and all sorts of things. So it should be just as fabulous, right? :) Looking for second place prizes. Let me know if you have any suggestions!
Jose  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2005 3:40:45 PM(UTC)
Jose

Thanks, Marilyn. At the rate some posters are going, it would be nice to have further prizes. Something I personally would like: the first DOS-based beta version of MetaStock. :) jose '-) http://www.metastocktools.com
Patrick  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2005 2:30:17 PM(UTC)
Patrick

I might have some disks for version 5.0 laying around .... The DevKit will be the prize for this coding competition you were talking about, are you still interrested to organize it or should we do it? Also votes for formulae training are pretty high so I will start creating little flash training presentations every other week. Since I'm studying flash you might find the intro screens ( Preloader, announce, etc ...) goofy. Let me know if it bothers you but keep in mind that it is good practice for me ... Also if my accent becomes a problem I could have someone else read my notes ... As always do not hesitate to make any comments. I will start with basic moving average functions and intro to some basic coding rules. Patrick PS: I will do the first one this weekend, so you still have time to give me suggestions. :mrgreen:
Patrick  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2005 3:45:41 PM(UTC)
Patrick

I will try to setup a "store" in the forum today, you might experience some problems, but I will try to limit them to a minimum. If I'm lucky enough to get it working please do not buy anything yet .... :roll: Thanks, Patrick
Jose  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2005 10:58:55 PM(UTC)
Jose

Patrick wrote:
The DevKit will be the prize for this coding competition you were talking about, are you still interrested to organize it or should we do it?
My original idea was to give away one of three (competition winner's choice) of my own MetaStock add-ons, but an additional Equis prize would be nice indeed. The MS competition would also be posted in the two MetaStock usergroups. Patrick, is this similar to what you had in mind? jose '-) http://www.metastocktools.com
Patrick  
#15 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2005 12:33:24 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Yes that's what I understood (except I did not know you were offering some of your work as prizes, which is even better :D ). And I understood that the other groups would be involved which is fine. Alright then I will be patient :oops:
Jose  
#16 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2005 1:35:03 AM(UTC)
Jose

Patrick, am I correct in assuming that Equis is kindly offering the MDK kit to add to the competition prize list? https://www.metastock.com/Partners/Developers.aspx Patrick, I would appreciate it if you could mail me privately about this. jose '-) http://www.metastocktools.com
Patrick  
#17 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2005 3:25:14 PM(UTC)
Patrick

For info: The winner would still be subject to our application process ...
kffff  
#18 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2005 4:17:55 PM(UTC)
kffff

Jose - what is your email address? Have a question regarding the MACD div software.
Patrick  
#19 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2005 4:27:09 PM(UTC)
Patrick

The email on his website is : jose@metastocktools.com