logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alphateam  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2005 12:24:55 PM(UTC)
alphateam

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Are there any UK users out there? Is anyone interested in a UK user group? :?:
bakula  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2005 2:10:40 PM(UTC)
bakula

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hiya! I have had metastock installed since oct 04 but guess what! I have only just got round to using it! Yes! I am UK based (London) and would like to see a uk based group set up. Can anyone help me now though? I have downloaded date to date and when i go into open the files, am only able to access data via local field and no box with the reuters symbol. I have emailed equis/but no reply yet. Need to eccelerate learning here so that i can get trading! Thanks bakul ;-)
Marilyn  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2005 3:58:22 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I have had a number of requests from you all in the UK lately. I would love to help set up a user group there. Just need someone to volunteer to lead. :) Any takers??
alphateam  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:35:40 PM(UTC)
alphateam

What does a leader do? How much time is involved? What does he need to know?
Patrick  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2005 5:12:43 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sorry Alphateam, marilyn was out last week and I don't know anything about user groups. I believe she will be in the office tomorrow and will then be able to reply. Sorry for the wait. Patrick
Marilyn  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2005 5:45:11 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Hello! I am back... out of the office for most of last week and completely unplugged. Great for focusing on the seminar but has left me with LOADS to do now that I am back... so, apologies for the late reply. It really depends on the user group. What I generally find, especially with smaller, newer groups, is that the user group leaders acts more like an organizer for a while. I will send an email to everyone in the area (that I will write with the help of the new user group leader). We will generally invite everyone to meet in a free public place like the local library. From there, the user group leader will find out when, where and what the group would like to meet about. I help with any information, product releases, demos, webinars, etc. Some of my groups are very very active, some are less so. Some discuss trading in general and some are strictly MetaStock training. I will help with whatever suits your group and their needs. Did I answer all your questions? Let me know and let me know if anyone is interesting in heading this up! Talk to you all soon - Marilyn
alphateam  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2005 9:40:18 AM(UTC)
alphateam

:wink: OK I'll start one. We don't meet in libraries though. We meet in pubs. I suggest the biggest pub in Eastcote (The Manor) it is in the main street (called Field End Road) just a short walk from the tube station. So it is easily accessible. Eastcote is in NW London, close to Uxbridge, Harrow, Watford, M25 & M40 motorways. How many will come along?
Marilyn  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2005 4:49:30 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

The pub it is! We will send an email to all of our UK customers and let them know about the suggestion and give them a link to this topic. I will also contact our UK dealers and have them get the word out too. Let me know how you get on!!
alphateam  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2005 8:24:46 PM(UTC)
alphateam

:D I suggest a meeting in about 3-4 weeks time. At the weekend. Ask for preferences Saturday or Sunday. Meet at high noon, late afternoon or early evening?
woodie1306  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2005 9:36:26 PM(UTC)
woodie1306

Hi I have used Metastock for some years also GET would be interested in a user group especially as I do not live too far (ST.Albans) let me know the venue and date regards woodie1306
jonkandiah  
#11 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2005 10:58:43 PM(UTC)
jonkandiah

I would be interested in a user group. I am based on Trowbridge, about 3 hours away from NW London, so would prefer middle of the day on a Saturday for a meeting. Regards, Jon K
shandydan  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:26:54 AM(UTC)
shandydan

I would like to come along to a meet too, it would be good to talk to people about Metastock. I know where I need/want to be with it it's just the getting there that's proving difficult! (And time consuming!) I'm based in Staines (near Heathrow) so easy for me to get to.
Marilyn  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2005 2:24:57 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

I am posting this for a user who is having issues with cookies but still wants to be heard yes, interested, lunch sat mtg would be best but will fit around anything, almost. regards stephen prescott
investr  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2005 5:42:17 PM(UTC)
investr

I would be interested in joining a UK metastock users group. I live half way between Bristol & Gloucester which isn't too bad a distance to NW London. Francis
alphateam  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2005 8:40:42 PM(UTC)
alphateam

:D I am glad there is such good interest in a user group. Any thoughts on an agenda, frequency of meeting, specially invited speakers, other software you use, what is your favourite tech analysis tool? kind rgs alphateam
richandybristol  
#16 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2005 2:44:56 PM(UTC)
richandybristol

Hi guys, I live in Bristol and would be interesting in participating in a weekly/monthly group. I notice Francis above lives between Gloucester and Bristol. I am interesting in discussing and sharing trading strategies and have completed Platinum Pursuits trading and covered calls courses including advanced trading and covered calls. Are there any other people nearby that can host such a group and are willing to turn-up on a regular basis. Regards, Andy.
Marilyn  
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2005 8:05:05 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Hi Guys - What was the outcome of this? I have another couple of people interested. Do you have a meeting time/place?? Fill me in please! [-o< Marilyn
alphateam  
#18 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2005 3:08:03 PM(UTC)
alphateam

YES - Details of First UK user group are as follows: Date: Sat 28 May 2005 Time: Start 12.30 lunchtime. End after enough drinks? Venue: The Manor , Field End Road, Eastcote, Middx. Travel directions to follow. rgs AlphaTeam
alphateam  
#19 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2005 11:11:45 AM(UTC)
alphateam

TRAVEL TO THE MANOR PUB, Eastcote (NW London) Carry a copy of the pink FT to identify yourself. Nearest tube station Eastcote (Metropolitan & Piccadilly lines). Turn right out of the station. Walk down the high street by the shops. It is a few minutes walk to The Manor pub. Mainline Rail Travelling from the west or north you’ll find it quicker to get out at a NW London station – such as Hayes, Slough, South Ruislip, Harrow & Wealdstone, Watford Junction etc and take a local taxi. This will save you time taking the train to Central London then getting the tube out to Eastcote. Travelling from the south or east, you’ll go to a central London station and take the tube. Car This route is fast and easy to navigate with clear landmarks. Get on to the M40/A40. Turn north on to the A312 (Harrow) at the “Target Roundabout” where there is a huge MacDonalds. Keep out of the bus lane. Turn left at the traffic lights – just past the hump-back bridge by Northolt tube station. Follow the road and keep going straight ahead at the round about. Straight ahead at the traffic lights – just past the hump-back bridge by Eastcote tube station. The Manor pub is a few hundred yards on the left. rgs Alphateam
jrp  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2005 4:26:13 PM(UTC)
jrp

Hi Saw your meeting is set for this sat, unfortunately it's a day of rest (well licking my wounds really!) for me as i day trade the YM for my sins... However best wishes for all that attend and its nice to see a user group being established - enjoy! jrp