logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
didier  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2005 5:05:45 PM(UTC)
didier

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

hello, I created one Know For Sure Indicator (i.e. KST by Martin Pring) and I wanted to use it on a Relative Strength Comparative Chart. Unfortunately, despite I dragged and dropped the indicator on the Relative Strength Comparative Chart, it seems to use the input of the Base Security and not the input of the Relative Strength Comparative Chart. Can someone help me to solve my problem ? Here is the KST formula I used : Mov(ROC(C,10,$),10,S)*1+Mov(ROC(C,15,$),10,S)*2+Mov(ROC(C,20,$),10,S)*3+Mov(ROC(C,30,$),15,S)*4 By the way, does anyone know if it is possible to perform a test on a Relative Strength Comparative Chart, instead of a chart based on a security ? thanks a lot for your help !
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2005 5:12:09 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You need to use : Mov(ROC(P,10,$),10,S)*1+Mov(ROC(P,15,$),10,S)*2+Mov(ROC(P,20,$),10,S)*3+Mov(ROC(P,30,$),15,S)*4 Make sure to still apply this to the RSC indicator.
Patrick  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2005 5:45:05 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
To run a system test, you will need to use the security function ( hopefully you have MetaStock 9 or MetaStock Pro ) To give an example I want the RSC of IBM and the SP500 Index. In my system I will type the following : RSCValue:=Security("IBM",C)/Security(".SPX",C); KSTValue:=Mov(ROC(RSCValue,10,$),10,S)*1+Mov(ROC(RSCValue,15,$),10,S)*2 +Mov(ROC(RSCValue,20,$),10,S)*3+Mov(ROC(RSCValue,30,$),15,S)*4; Your condition here The security function works is used like this : Security(Path"SYMBOL",Data Array) Now If I wanted the High value of Ibm from my MSDATA Folder I would type : Security(C:\MSDATA"IBM",High) Hope this helps
didier  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2005 6:00:46 PM(UTC)
didier

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Thank you very much for your help : it works !
fiorenzo  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2005 5:18:50 PM(UTC)
fiorenzo

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello to both, I understand the security function: Security(Path"SYMBOL",Data Array) works in referencing securities in formulas (also with Meta. 8.01), but still I do not see how you can perform a System Test on a RSC of two securities as Didier is asking. Of course you can make a Composite of the two first, and then conduct a Test on that. I am pointing this out because I am trying to make a new RSC indicator using a totally different formula based on ROC, but I do not see how I will possibly make a Test on that only, and not on any security instead. Probably I will need to create a new security using the value of this new indicator somehow (I am not even sure if possible...) :? Your suggestions are most welcome, of course. Cheers! :wink: