logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Atomo12345  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2024 5:21:22 AM(UTC)
Atomo12345

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I do an official request about he types of files that the Downloader in Metastock 19 can converted.

I wish an addition of the .txt files and the .csv files from Yahoo that the Downloader in Metastock 19 can converted, like in Metastock 11 RT.

Furthermore the possibility to modify directly off line and manually the value of the data in the Downloader 19, like in Metastock 11 RT.

Furthermore in the Downloader 19 the addtition of the menu Tools  , like in Metastock 11 RT.

If so I buy immediatly Metastock 19 real time.

Thank you very mutch for your attention.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 17, 2024 5:52:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2024 3:39:03 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Atomo12345 Go to Quoted Post

I do an official request about he types of files that the Downloader in Metastock 19 can converted.

I wish an addition of the .txt files and the .csv files from Yahoo that the Downloader in Metastock 19 can converted, like in Metastock 11 RT.

Furthermore the possibility to modify directly off line and manually the value of the data in the Downloader 19, like in Metastock 11 RT.

Furthermore in the Downloader 19 the addtition of the menu Tools  , like in Metastock 11 RT.

If so I buy immediatly Metastock 19 real time.

Thank you very mutch for your attention.

Hello,

You can Convert CSV/TXT files in Downloader 19, although you do have to have the right column headers and data sort in order to do so. If you have trouble with this you can contact our support for assistance.

Data can also be modified in each data sheet manually, by right-clicking on the security in a folder and choosing View security data. You can also do batch adjustments (assuming you want to adjust a large batch of data by a common factor) by right-clicking on the folder in Downloader Console and choosing "Adjust Data for All Checked".

Is there a specific function you were looking for that was in the Tools menu of the old Downloader? I can add your request to a product feedback/suggestion if so.

Atomo12345  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2024 4:35:06 PM(UTC)
Atomo12345

I watched the video "Converting Data with the Downloader". In the Source File type you can convert Legacy,CSV,MSLocal.I desire there will be added to this menu the File type Source ASCII Text(Daily and Intraday) ,like in the Downloader 11 and convert them in format Destination File type legacy(Daily and Intraday). Also convert the Source File type Legacy to Destination Legacy. Furthermore I saw that the menu Tools is still present. There should be the entire menu Tools (Adjust,Convert...,Copy...,Delete,Merge...,Sort,_Test…) like in the Downloader 11. If so I will buy immediately Metastock 19 real time. Thank you for your attention and your answer specification.

MS Support  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2024 8:29:15 PM(UTC)
MS Support

I watched the video "Converting Data with the Downloader". In the Source File type you can convert Legacy,CSV,MSLocal.I desire there will be added to this menu the File type Source ASCII Text(Daily and Intraday) ,like in the Downloader 11 and convert them in format Destination File type legacy(Daily and Intraday). Also convert the Source File type Legacy to Destination Legacy. Furthermore I saw that the menu Tools is still present. There should be the entire menu Tools (Adjust,Convert...,Copy...,Delete,Merge...,Sort,_Test…) like in the Downloader 11. If so I will buy immediately Metastock 19 real time. Thank you for your attention and your answer specification.

Thank you for the clarification! Even though the old Downloader has ASCII as a source type, this is effectively the same as CSV since the TXT file had to be in a comma-separated file format. Whether you have a .TXT or .CSV file extension, as long as the file is formatted correctly you should be able to convert this.

While not every function has been brought over from the old Downloader, a lot of functionality exists in the new Downloader. You can convert locally stored intraday securities.

While it is true that you cannot convert from one source type to the same destination type (i.e. Legacy to Legacy), if you have a folder with Legacy data, you can add an empty folder to Downloader Console, right-click on the Legacy data folder, and Copy the securities to a the empty folder.

Merging from the same data type is something that is a bit more difficult due to the fact that you cannot convert from the same data type into that same data type. In the case of different data types (i.e. CSV to Legacy) you can convert into an existing file, and choose to overwrite duplicate records or not.

I will pass along your suggestions as feedback however!

Atomo12345  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2024 9:12:30 PM(UTC)
Atomo12345

If you can update the downloder 19 with the old function of the downloader 11 it's better. But I think that there is a simple way to solve the problem. I think that I can manipulate the data of Metastock 19(using the old data Legacy of Metastock 11) with the Donloader 11 and so have all the old functions of the Downloader 11. If so is possible I buy Metastock 19 among two week. I am in Europe(Italy).It is possible to pay Metastock 19 in euros instead of US$? Thank you for your attention and your answers.

MS Support  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2024 4:46:53 PM(UTC)
MS Support

If you can update the downloder 19 with the old function of the downloader 11 it's better. But I think that there is a simple way to solve the problem. I think that I can manipulate the data of Metastock 19(using the old data Legacy of Metastock 11) with the Donloader 11 and so have all the old functions of the Downloader 11. If so is possible I buy Metastock 19 among two week. I am in Europe(Italy).It is possible to pay Metastock 19 in euros instead of US$? Thank you for your attention and your answers.

Hello again,

That is also a good point. If you have the old DownLoader (v11), you can continue to use it and the Legacy file format (which is what the old DownLoader used) will still work in MetaStock 19.

Purchases on our web site will always be in US$. We do have various MetaStock resellers around the world however, including several in Italy. For example:

http://www.bbfinance.net/

​​​​​​​ http://www.greenbyte.it/

Atomo12345  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2024 5:02:04 PM(UTC)
Atomo12345

Sure I will buy Metastock 19 from a reseller here in Europe, so I can pay in euros.

However I wait for a patch to apply to the Downloader 19, with the old functions of the Downloader 11.

My compliment for your Software that ,I think, is the best for Technical Analisys.

Thank you very mutch.

thanks 1 user thanked Atomo12345 for this useful post.
MS Support on 7/30/2024(UTC)