logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
martinlw123  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2023 6:31:41 AM(UTC)
martinlw123

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I've installed Metastock 18.4 and I've pasted my old "\ Innovative Market Analysis\ Metastock\ 18.0" and "Documents\ Metastock" folders onto my new computer.  I now have my old explorations, smart charts, etc. accessable.  When I open Downloader 18 my list of local symbols to update isn't visible.  Is there a way to bring that over from the old computer too or do I have to recreate the list?  Thanks.       

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2023 3:48:02 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: martinlw123 Go to Quoted Post

I've installed Metastock 18.4 and I've pasted my old "\ Innovative Market Analysis\ Metastock\ 18.0" and "Documents\ Metastock" folders onto my new computer.  I now have my old explorations, smart charts, etc. accessable.  When I open Downloader 18 my list of local symbols to update isn't visible.  Is there a way to bring that over from the old computer too or do I have to recreate the list?  Thanks.       

Hello,

It is possible but this particular information is stored in the Windows Registry. You would need to Export the registry key, copy this exported key and import it on your new system. Keep in mind that the Local Data would need to exist in the exact same folder path as before. If you stored this in a "User" folder this might be problematic, but if you had stored the data somewhere in a more fixed folder path, such as C:\MetaStock Data then as long as the data is in that same exact location on the new PC, the registry data should link up to your local data folders.

Take caution when using the Windows Registry, as deleting keys could make your system unstable.

1. Click Start > Regedit

2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Innovative Market Analysis\MetaStock\Downloader

3. Right-click on this Downloader folder key and choose Export

4. Specify a location, give the key a filename and click Save

5. Copy this exported key to your new PC

6. Double-click on this exported key to import the key into Windows

Note: This would overwrite anything else you had done in DownLoader on your new PC

thanks 1 user thanked MS Support for this useful post.
martinlw123 on 11/10/2023(UTC)
martinlw123  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2023 6:05:01 PM(UTC)
martinlw123

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I usually try to avoid messing with the registry but I'll give this one a try. Thanks.