logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mymetaforum  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 6:53:16 AM(UTC)
mymetaforum

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Team,

seeking your help to write formula in MS to see the difference between high price and low price in EOD chart , if the high price is 10 and low price is 8, i need to see the 2 as the difference in each OHLC bar. 

I am not an expert in MS, pls guide me how to achieve this. advanced thanks for your help.

thanks

Edited by user Thursday, October 21, 2021 6:59:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 2:18:45 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mymetaforum Go to Quoted Post

Team,

seeking your help to write formula in MS to see the difference between high price and low price in EOD chart , if the high price is 10 and low price is 8, i need to see the 2 as the difference in each OHLC bar. 

I am not an expert in MS, pls guide me how to achieve this. advanced thanks for your help.

thanks

Hi,

You may find the Formula Primers useful which can be accessed at https://www.metastock.com/customer/resources/formulas/primer.aspx

In this case, you can create a custom formula in the Indicator Builder that simply subtracts one data array from the other. In MetaStock you would click Tools > Indicator Builder, then click New. Give the formula a Name, then enter the following into the Formula box:

Code:
H-L

Afterwards you can access your custom indicator from the Indicator Quicklist at the top of MetaStock, or using the Insert > Indicator menu option.

mymetaforum  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 4:35:22 PM(UTC)
mymetaforum

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: MS Support Go to Quoted Post

Team,

thanks

Hi,

You may find the Formula Primers useful which can be accessed at https://www.metastock.com/customer/resources/formulas/primer.aspx

In this case, you can create a custom formula in the Indicator Builder that simply subtracts one data array from the other. In MetaStock you would click Tools > Indicator Builder, then click New. Give the formula a Name, then enter the following into the Formula box:

Code:
H-L

Afterwards you can access your custom indicator from the Indicator Quicklist at the top of MetaStock, or using the Insert > Indicator menu option.

I dont want as an indicator, I need the data near the OHLC candle stick in each bar. I have a picture to upload, but theupload new files button is not working.

MS Support  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 2:59:33 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MS Support Go to Quoted Post

Team,

thanks

Hi,

Code:
H-L

I dont want as an indicator, I need the data near the OHLC candle stick in each bar. I have a picture to upload, but theupload new files button is not working.

Hi again,

Unfortunately, something like this would not be possible if I understand what you are looking to do. The closest thing would be Expert Symbols, but these are only Text-based labels not formula-based. I have written up a suggestion for future improvement to see if we could add a formula-based label for the Expert Advisor symbols, but this would likely be a long-term update if we are able to do something like this in the future.

There are things you could do to see these values through tools like the Expert Commentary, or using the Data Window with the indicator overlaid in the price window, but none of these would offer a quick at-a-glance view of the information that I think you are looking for.