logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TedMarshall  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 9:47:44 AM(UTC)
TedMarshall

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I cannot access the METASTOCK files even though MetaStock is installed on my system. I ensure that the software is updated to the latest version. Can you show me how to open files with the METASTOCK extension?

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 1:07:52 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 142 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TedMarshall Go to Quoted Post

I cannot access the METASTOCK files even though MetaStock is installed on my system. I ensure that the software is updated to the latest version. Can you show me how to open files with the METASTOCK extension?

Hi,

Are you trying to open the files from outside MetaStock (i.e. by double-clicking on them)? This is not a supported method of opening our files.

Within MetaStock, you can open Saved Chart files (.MWC extension) and Layout files (.MWL extension) via the File > Open menu.

Template files (.MWT extension) can be applied to an instrument through the Power Console within MetaStock (via the "Apply template" section) and also if you have a chart already opened by right-clicking on the chart and choosing Apply Template from the right-click menu.

Smart charts (which have a .MWS extension) are opened through the Power Console simply by selecting an instrument and clicking Open Chart (while the Apply template option should be set to Smart Chart).

Edited by user Friday, September 17, 2021 1:09:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified