logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Grafomane  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2020 9:05:41 AM(UTC)
Grafomane

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello, I kindly ask you for help to know if it is possible to program a system whose operating signal triggers if two conditions are met, one weekly and one daily. to make me understand better I will give a simple example. The BUY is triggered if for example RSI at 14 daily periods breaks the 50 from the bottom to the top, but only if RSI 20 weekly periods is above 60. Thank you so much for any help! Thank you!

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2020 3:14:51 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Grafomane Go to Quoted Post

Hello, I kindly ask you for help to know if it is possible to program a system whose operating signal triggers if two conditions are met, one weekly and one daily. to make me understand better I will give a simple example. The BUY is triggered if for example RSI at 14 daily periods breaks the 50 from the bottom to the top, but only if RSI 20 weekly periods is above 60. Thank you so much for any help! Thank you!

Hello, This is possible, but typically will require using lower time frame data (i.e. Daily) and using formulas to figure identify the relevant Weekly values from the Daily data. You may want to check out our advanced formula primer - https://www.metastock.com/customer/resources/formulas/Formula_Primer_II.pdf and check out Chapter 10: Extrapolating Higher Time Frames.

You can also request custom formula work via - https://www.metastock.com/customer/resources/Formulas/CustomFormulaForm.aspx although there is a fee associated with this service.