logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kensho123  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2019 10:43:38 PM(UTC)
kensho123

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hi, 

I have M16 stand alone (bought outright). 

I open at the "instruments" page with a list of stocks in my watchlist.  I double click on the first stock in the list to open it. Then I go to the forward arrow at the bottom right hand corner of the page. Whenever I open my watchlist it gets stuck on the "a" stocks.  If I type in the first "b" stock it gets stuck on the "b" stocks. If I click on an "a" chart and start typing "b" and bring up the watchlist it will progress through all of my watchlist but gets stuck on "a" again.  It is very annoying. It didn't happen with older Metastock versions.

Is this normal for MS16?  

Am I doing something wrong.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 10, 2019 10:56:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 5:06:52 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kensho123 Go to Quoted Post

Hi, 

I have M16 stand alone (bought outright). 

I open at the "instruments" page with a list of stocks in my watchlist.  I double click on the first stock in the list to open it. Then I go to the forward arrow at the bottom right hand corner of the page. Whenever I open my watchlist it gets stuck on the "a" stocks.  If I type in the first "b" stock it gets stuck on the "b" stocks. If I click on an "a" chart and start typing "b" and bring up the watchlist it will progress through all of my watchlist but gets stuck on "a" again.  It is very annoying. It didn't happen with older Metastock versions.

Is this normal for MS16?  

Am I doing something wrong.

Thank you for your message. Are you using a Local list or an Online list? If a local list, what format is your data stored in (i.e. CSV, Legacy, MSLocal)?

kensho123  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 8:25:20 PM(UTC)
kensho123

Hi,

I am using a local list. 

I am not sure how it is stored.  Each instrument says "F1.dat" etc.  Is that what you mean?

MS Support  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 5:37:17 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kensho123 Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

I am using a local list. 

I am not sure how it is stored.  Each instrument says "F1.dat" etc.  Is that what you mean?

Thank you for your response. This would be our Legacy data format. It is possible there could be an instrument with a data issue, or something is corrupt/out-of-sync with the list and what is in the local data folder.

One thing you may want to try is deleting the list in MetaStock (via the Custom List Manager), then creating a new list and browsing to the local data folder again and adding/saving as a new list. If you are still experiencing the problem, we might need to run some tests on the data to see if there might be particular symbols with data issues. In our old DownLoader application, it is possible to run a Tools > Test or Tools > Sort on a data folder to see if there are any problems with the data but I am unsure how you are collecting data in this older format.

Edited by user Thursday, January 2, 2020 5:37:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kensho123  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2020 6:31:21 AM(UTC)
kensho123

Thank you.  I'll try that. 

kensho123  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2022 9:24:03 PM(UTC)
kensho123

I have finally solved this problem. 

What happened was that when I opened my watchlist and the charts were open as I scrolled through them they got stuck on the "A" stocks.  Then I'd have to click on the chart to bring up the list and scroll down to "B". This became very annoying. 

I solved it by deleting my watchlist and recreating it by going through

>Power console >Edit Custom list > Browse and find each code. 

This allowed me to scroll through the stocks without problems. 

Previously I think I set up the watchlist by clicking on a chart and typing a letter and acess the chart then right clicking on it and adding it to the custom list that way.  That somehow mucked up the pathways. 

I hope this helps someone who might be experiencing this problem. 

thanks 1 user thanked kensho123 for this useful post.
MS Support on 11/28/2022(UTC)