logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
daveskis2019  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2019 1:34:09 AM(UTC)
daveskis2019

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi all,

I have developed a binary indicator and I would like to know whether it is possible to set a static symbol so no matter what chart I have open, the indicator references a set symbol (benchmark).

For example:

If I have a chart open for AAPL is it possible to have an indicator that refers to the S&P 500?

If so, what is the formula to set the symbol?

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2020 5:30:10 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: daveskis2019 Go to Quoted Post

Hi all,

I have developed a binary indicator and I would like to know whether it is possible to set a static symbol so no matter what chart I have open, the indicator references a set symbol (benchmark).

For example:

If I have a chart open for AAPL is it possible to have an indicator that refers to the S&P 500?

If so, what is the formula to set the symbol?

There are a few ways you can accomplish this. You could create a custom indicator using the Security function, which you can then apply to the data array of an indicator. You could also plot an indicator on the desired instrument (i.e. a chart of .SPX) and then drag & drop this indicator into a different chart, and save this as part of the chart and/or template.

The security function can be used with Local or Online data. An online example of an indicator would be as follows:

Code:
X:=Security("Online:.SPX",C);
Mov(X,20,E)

This would provide you with a 20-period exponential moving average value based on the S&P 500 Index.