logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chrisdr22  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 4:12:21 PM(UTC)
chrisdr22

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Hi,

If I do a multi exploration all results are shown in the new exploration window.  Once dismissed, it does not seem possible to return to a view showing all of the results, only single results by selecting one of the completed explorations.

Is it possible to return to that multi-view window, like it is with the system tester?

thanks

Christopher

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 7:49:58 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi Christopher, If you right-click on the top-level "All Explorations" you can choose "View All Reports". You can also do something similar with Favorites "View All Favorite Reports".
PTJim  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 5:05:14 PM(UTC)
PTJim

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)

I watched the video demo of MS 16 Explorations closely - it looks like the results (accepted/rejected) aren't visible until the exploration is fully complete - right?  If so, that's worse than the previous version, which showed only rejects, but in real-time as processing was underway.

I've been one of those asking to show accepted results in realtime, so we can see how many are passing the filters as the scans are run.  The numbers move too fast to calculate in my head and knowing the rejects is useless if my scans routinely reject 99+% of symbols.

Now, if the results aren't visible until completion, picture this Exploration development scenario (mine, for instance): A complex exploration on all the NYSE, Amex, Nasdaq and ETFs totalling almost 12,000 symbols, which takes 5 or 6 minutes to run.  Mine return maybe 5-10 results, sometimes less, out of those 12,000 symbols.  Yes, they are very picky Explorations with many hurdles to clear and I run 4 of them every day, looking for longs and shorts under different conditions.

Suppose I'm modifying or developing this scan and repeatedly run it to test and tweak parameters.  Does MS16 now make me wait 5 or 6 minutes to complete every single test run to see if it works at all and gets even a single hit, with no hint of how it's doing while it's running?

If so, that's a step backwards for users, not forward.  It would have taken 5 minutes to code in the "accepted" symbols into the results box (in addition to "rejected") for every version since MS 9 by copying one or two lines of code and flipping the logic that displays the rejected symbols, yet that never happened in the 12 years since Version 9 was current.

Edited by user Friday, June 29, 2018 5:09:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

chrisdr22  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 9:12:40 AM(UTC)
chrisdr22

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

That's correct - its bugged me too.  The new window is quite nice, but doesn't give enough feedback, just a progress bar.  I'd also like to see the no of rejects in realtime - it is a good indicator of whether the exploration is working as expected.

@Ms support

Could this be considered for a future update to MS16?

thanks 1 user thanked chrisdr22 for this useful post.
PTJim on 7/21/2018(UTC)
MS Support  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 2:19:28 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi, We are looking to improve the exploration execution dialogue along these lines, although I do not have any sort of release date at this time.
PTJim  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2018 1:20:42 AM(UTC)
PTJim

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Originally Posted by: MS Support Go to Quoted Post
Hi, We are looking to improve the exploration execution dialogue along these lines, although I do not have any sort of release date at this time.

Hey, no hurry!  It's only been 12 years and I'm sure it's a complex programming task.