logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MS15relion  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 5, 2018 10:26:20 PM(UTC)
MS15relion

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I just downloaded the MS16 D/C upgrade and attempted to install it to upgrade MS15 EOD. 

I'm downloading and installing to Win10. After opening the downloaded file and using administrative option, the file looked like it installed, but on a reboot and attempting to start the program, nothing is happening. The start options will not fuction and the downloader shows a new logo, but that's it. 

Prior to this upgrade, MS15 worked flawlessly. Now MS program will not boot at all. 

I would appreciate any suggestions or has anyone had a similar experience? 

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2018 2:37:13 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MS15relion Go to Quoted Post

I just downloaded the MS16 D/C upgrade and attempted to install it to upgrade MS15 EOD. 

I'm downloading and installing to Win10. After opening the downloaded file and using administrative option, the file looked like it installed, but on a reboot and attempting to start the program, nothing is happening. The start options will not fuction and the downloader shows a new logo, but that's it. 

Prior to this upgrade, MS15 worked flawlessly. Now MS program will not boot at all. 

I would appreciate any suggestions or has anyone had a similar experience? 

Hi,

There is an issue if you install over the top of the existing installation where MetaStock 16 will fail to launch. You should be able to go into Programs & Features, Uninstall MetaStock 16, then reinstall MetaStock 16. You should get prompted to run the MMU when you first run MetaStock 16 after this. If you want to bring your formulas, etc. from 15 over choose to Run MMU now when that option appears.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused and let me know if you run into any more difficulties!