logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chrisdr22  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 10:32:21 PM(UTC)
chrisdr22

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Hi,

I want to use the forecaster to list events that occured for an instrument on a specific day.  Is this possible? I am using Metastock 15 eod.

If the above is not possible, I do realise that I can run a multi exploration (65 forecasters) against a single instrument.  However, without openening each result in turn, it is not possible find out which returned results.  My question is, is it possible to know which results retuned data without right clicking and opening?  As far as I can see, the only visual clue is <R> displayed next to the exploration, no indication whether data was returned.  It is a problem (for me) as perhaps only a handful of the 65 forecasters return data.

Only way I found was to set check box for automatic printing, but very wasteful for 65 explorations displaying a few lines each.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Christopher 

Edited by user Wednesday, April 25, 2018 7:28:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked chrisdr22 for this useful post.
MS Support on 4/25/2018(UTC)
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 7:54:57 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: chrisdr22 Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

I want to use the forecaster to list events that occured for an instrument on a specific day.  Is this possible? I am using Metastock 15 eod.

If the above is not possible, I do realise that I can run a multi exploration (65 forecasters) against a single instrument.  However, without openening each result in turn, it is not possible find out which returned results.  My question is, is it possible to know which results retuned data without right clicking and opening?  As far as I can see, the only visual clue is <R> displayed next to the exploration, no indication whether data was returned.  It is a problem (for me) as perhaps only a handful of the 65 forecasters return data.

Only way I found was to set check box for automatic printing, but very wasteful for 65 explorations displaying a few lines each.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Christopher 

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is not possible without accessing the reports. However, we hope to have something in the future that will simplify this process.

chrisdr22  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 2:34:35 PM(UTC)
chrisdr22

Thanks, I'll look forward to that update. I think it would be a pretty small change - perhaps as simple as adding an asterisk where results were returned i.e. <R*>

Actually, I found a workable solution.  

I installed a PDF print driver supporting auto naming (no need to type a file name) and selected to send reports to the printer.  It was simply a matter of filtering the resulting PDFs by file size - larger files contained results, others could be ignored.  Very handy and saved me a lot of time.

Thanks

Christopher

Edited by user Thursday, April 26, 2018 2:38:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked chrisdr22 for this useful post.
MS Support on 4/27/2018(UTC)
MS Support  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2018 9:39:39 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Originally Posted by: chrisdr22 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks, I'll look forward to that update. I think it would be a pretty small change - perhaps as simple as adding an asterisk where results were returned i.e. <R*>

Actually, I found a workable solution.  

I installed a PDF print driver supporting auto naming (no need to type a file name) and selected to send reports to the printer.  It was simply a matter of filtering the resulting PDFs by file size - larger files contained results, others could be ignored.  Very handy and saved me a lot of time.

Thanks

Christopher

Within MetaStock 16's new exploration dialogue can now display multiple reports (rather than simply displaying the last report of the set you ran) and it also gives you some basic top-level info, such as the number of results and number of rejects. Within the Power Console, you will be able to right-click on All Explorations and View all Exploration Reports to be able to quickly do this.

Here is a link to a new feature video, roughly around a point in the video that you can get an idea of what this will look like: https://youtu.be/ORGOW7wQplM?t=488

chrisdr22  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2018 8:45:28 AM(UTC)
chrisdr22

Thanks for the link, it looks interesting.  What's the upgrade deal for Metastock 16, I've only had 15 for a month or so.

MS Support  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2018 2:09:12 PM(UTC)
MS Support

No problem! It would be best to call/email your account/sales rep to get exact pricing for upgrade situations.