logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fiorenzo  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 14, 2018 3:10:50 PM(UTC)
fiorenzo

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hello, I am a Metastock EOD user since more than 20 years. I upgraded to Version XV one year ago, BUT for a number of reasons, I would like to have both versions 11 and 15 on the same pc.

This is not a problem, since running both versions is not a problem on my existiting pc.

Nevertheless I am going to purchase a new pc and I am worried that I can no longer install Metastock 11 on it (due to the issues as per the "important notification" received one year ago), being forced to only use version XV.

Is that true? I would REALLY like to still being capabale of using also version 11 ... Thank you for your help! F.

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 4:36:07 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fiorenzo Go to Quoted Post

Hello, I am a Metastock EOD user since more than 20 years. I upgraded to Version XV one year ago, BUT for a number of reasons, I would like to have both versions 11 and 15 on the same pc.

This is not a problem, since running both versions is not a problem on my existiting pc.

Nevertheless I am going to purchase a new pc and I am worried that I can no longer install Metastock 11 on it (due to the issues as per the "important notification" received one year ago), being forced to only use version XV.

Is that true? I would REALLY like to still being capabale of using also version 11 ... Thank you for your help! F.

Hello,

MetaStock 11 will install on a new PC, but due to the obsolescence of the 3rd party licensing component after ~30 days you would no longer be able to log in. Existing activations would not be affected.

fiorenzo  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 1:29:36 PM(UTC)
fiorenzo

It's really a nuisance... Metastock 15 has much uneasyness of use, imho. For example securites are listed according to their ticker symbol only, and that is a problem in Europe where we are used to refer to Securities with their full extended denomination. Also adding Securities to a list of Favorites is not easy done as it used to, but that is much secondary to the first issue. . .
thanks 1 user thanked fiorenzo for this useful post.
MS Support on 1/16/2018(UTC)
MS Support  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 4:53:02 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)

Originally Posted by: fiorenzo Go to Quoted Post
It's really a nuisance... Metastock 15 has much uneasyness of use, imho. For example securites are listed according to their ticker symbol only, and that is a problem in Europe where we are used to refer to Securities with their full extended denomination. Also adding Securities to a list of Favorites is not easy done as it used to, but that is much secondary to the first issue. . .

Thank you for the feedback! The power console sort limitation is something we are looking into, possibly as soon as next release.

We've tried to make the Add to Custom List functionality as easy to use as the old Favorites lists, while still making it more robust and flexible than before. You can right-click and add to a custom list from a chart, and you can do this with exploration results as well. The main limitation would be the separation of Local and Online data sources (and I suppose chart types as well) whereas a favorites list could contain both types before. Are you running into other limitations or navigational issues with the Power Console?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 16, 2018 4:54:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked MS Support for this useful post.
fiorenzo on 1/26/2018(UTC)
fiorenzo  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2018 1:40:56 PM(UTC)
fiorenzo

I would say the main issues are with the power console In order to read data from my data provider I have to follow 11 steps (open TOOLS, click NEW, naming the List, click BROWSE, and so on) just to make a list of the Securities visible. Within each list all Securities are listed according to their symbol (there seems to be no other way) To open a chart double clicking is not possible any more, I have to click a tick precisely inside a box, watching out if there are other boxes ticked or else unvoluntarily I would open a hundred charts at the same time, then click Open Chart. To tell the truth I spend an average of 5 hour each single day (weekend too) on Metastock, but never went Beyond the power console with version XV, sticking on 11. I already consider a nightmare the day, sooner or later, when either version 11 or my present pc itself, will encounter a serious problem and I will have to abandon 11 forever. I had been shocked one year ago when I discovered how suddenly complicated and fuzzy version XV had "evolved" from the extreme intuitive easyness and immediateness of previous versions. This added to the other shocking news that version 11 was going to be put ot of function with the story of the licence, so we had to be forced to deal with XV. That is my sincere experience as >20 years Metastock user. I realy hope you can make the seeing the list of Securities (with their extended name), opening one of them, just ONE click away (with no tiny boxes to click). Or at least leave an option to clients traders to CHOOSE which ystem/version they want to work with. Thank You,
thanks 1 user thanked fiorenzo for this useful post.
MS Support on 1/22/2018(UTC)