logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stachowskim  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2017 1:46:06 AM(UTC)
stachowskim

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers

I've installed the Xenith software (Eikon) and Metastock Pro with datalink username and password EOD at bottom of download link. 1. In Xenith I can't get charts to work which is CHT on any ticker but .DJI. Does it not have the capability or cost extra as an add in? I find that hard to believe almost. It has an error message and can't pull data. 2. Metastock for me can't chart any stocks except the .DJI and says the vendor won't allow it. thank you!
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 12:00:05 AM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi, The DataLink information would only be useful in DownLoader, not XENITH. It is our End-of-Day data service, separate from XENITH (although we provide this to XENITH subscribers). To your XENITH questions: You can absolutely chart within XENITH. Since you are not currently subscribed to any exchange fees, all data (except Forex) will be delayed, but should certainly work (i.e. IBM CHT). What is the exact error message you are receiving? This is likely the cause of the MetaStock R/T data error as well. A temporary loss of connection might have caused an issue. There are also session cookies (just like web browsing) that are required while using XENITH / MetaStock. Some browsers can be configured to delete cookies when you shut down the browser (some security software can also clean cookies off of a system). This can cause us to lose access to the data, but without knowing the exact error message this is just speculation.