logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kddupont  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 7:39:40 PM(UTC)
kddupont

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I am attempting to update my local data using .txt/.csv.  Whenever I attempt to add my latest data extract via conversion from the Downloader my previous local data is overwritten.  I always ensure that the "overwrite existing data in the destination" is not checked.  For example:  If attempt to add the last five days of data (12/5/ -12/9) to my existing local data (which ranges from 4/1/1999 to 12/2/) after conversion all previous data was deleted and replaced with the last five days that I just converted.  Is there a way to just append the data or do I continually have to reload my entire dataset when ever I want to add the latest data?

DACM  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 8:24:15 PM(UTC)
DACM

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

I have the same question. How do we append new data to existing files with the new downloader? To be honest it is very quick to convert the full database but this should be unnecessary.

MS Support  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2016 4:54:34 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi, The idea behind the "Overwrite matching data records in destination" is just this. It should skip existing data records and append new data records. However, I am finding that the Conversion Report always says "0 records converted" when I have this option unchecked, even when it modifies existing records. So it seems like there might be 2 bugs here. First is that the Conversion Report shows 0 records converted (when the overwrite box is unchecked), even when it does convert data records. Second it appears to be converting data records regardless of whether they are in the MSLocal file already. I have written these issues up as a bug. While I cannot guarantee these problems will make it into a maintenance release, we will review the issue and see what can be done.