logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Richard101  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2007 5:30:33 PM(UTC)
Richard101

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I have just upgrade my op system to Vista 32 and after reinstaling Metastock 10.1 and activating all was well till last night when I tried to open the program I immediatley get the above error.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall 10.1 but the same error message occurs on trying to open the program after a successful install..

Any help on this will be much appreciated
Justin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2007 8:34:46 AM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Which version of MetaStock are you using exactly (i.e. End-of-Day, End-of-Day Subscription, Pro, Pro Subscription)?

This is a known issue that we do have a fix for. It basically occurs when the product is already activated on the PC. Deactivating the license (Using Internet Deactivate in the License Manager) will avoid this problem. We have a file I can send to you to resolve this (This should be resolved more permanently in a later release of MetaStock) but I would need to know the exact version of MetaStock first.

Richard101  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2007 6:42:11 PM(UTC)
Richard101

Version is 10.1 end of day Thanks for your help
elwu  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 3:31:38 AM(UTC)
elwu

I have the same problem.

When I start MetaStock 10.1 Pro for eSignal it occurs "error#:-83".

How can I fix it?

scanlan  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 4:26:44 AM(UTC)
scanlan

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

suggest you post as a separate subject, the version and error number are different.

I needed a new filechk.dll file from support and had to create new license.txt file to fix my problem.
Justin  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 5:38:59 PM(UTC)
Justin

Incidentally, the Unknown Error -84 will not occur with 10.1c (The latest version).

While Error -83 is definitely a different issue, I will post the resolution below:

Error 83

This error can occur any time the AST Service cannot start. Open the Services section of Windows (Start-->Run-->Services.MSC) and double click on the AST Service. Sometimes the Path to Executable will have two backslashes in the path, i.e. C:\Windows\System32\\astsrv.exe. The way to do this is to close the Services and open the Registry Editor (StartRunRegedit). In the Find box, type \\astsrv.exe and click Find Next. Press F3 to Find Next and repeat these steps until it is finished searching the Registry.

happysingh  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2008 5:58:32 AM(UTC)
happysingh

hi i am also facing the error #:-84 i have win xp service pack 2 and trying to install metastock pro 10.1 for esignal broadcast version. please guide what to do..
Justin  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2008 10:20:56 AM(UTC)
Justin

Error -84 should no longer be happening as long as you have the latest version of 10.1 (which is 10.1c). You can visit https://www.metastock.com/customer/service/downloads/ and download the latest version to resolve this error.
happysingh  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2008 10:33:16 AM(UTC)
happysingh

i have metastock 10.1 only.. the link that you gave, doesnt show me anything like 10.1 c version.. please help to get this error resolved.
Justin  
#10 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2008 4:50:37 PM(UTC)
Justin

The download link will not show 10.1c, but the file at the My Downloads page is definitely 10.1c and will resolve this issue.
happysingh  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 1, 2008 9:22:07 AM(UTC)
happysingh

hi i think you are not getting me. i cant see anything under tha link provided by you. so there is no question of 10.1 or 10.1 c is there a solution to this problem ? without downloading the new version ?
Justin  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 1, 2008 12:35:08 PM(UTC)
Justin

As stated, MetaStock 10.1C resolves the issue. If you are going to My Downloads and not seeing any link to MetaStock, then unfortunately you are not using the correct login for your account that has your MetaStock purhase on it.
satishbansal  
#13 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 7:30:41 AM(UTC)
satishbansal

Justin wrote:

Which version of MetaStock are you using exactly (i.e. End-of-Day, End-of-Day Subscription, Pro, Pro Subscription)?

This is a known issue that we do have a fix for.  It basically occurs when the product is already activated on the PC.  Deactivating the license (Using Internet Deactivate in the License Manager) will avoid this problem.  We have a file I can send to you to resolve this (This should be resolved more permanently in a later release of MetaStock) but I would need to know the exact version of MetaStock first.

Can i have the file. My mail id is varun037@gmail.com. I use Metastock Pro 10.1b
happysingh  
#14 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 9:37:01 AM(UTC)
happysingh

Please send the file to me as well. My email id is coolguynavneet@gmail.com same version 10.1 pro b
Duke  
#15 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2009 3:12:25 PM(UTC)
Duke

I have version 10.1 pro real time purchased from Trading Solutions. They do not have the fix you refer to and I would appreciate your sending it to me.

Thanks for your assistance.

dland@nj.rr.com
pgjlai  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:14:36 AM(UTC)
pgjlai

I have encountered the above unknown error#:-84 but I couldn't see anything from the above link for downloading the latest version. Would you please send me the file? My email address is pgjlai@netscape.net. My metastock version is 10.1 Thanks.
skaz  
#17 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 1:24:30 PM(UTC)
skaz

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: Justin Go to Quoted Post

This is a known issue that we do have a fix for. It basically occurs when the product is already activated on the PC. Deactivating the license (Using Internet Deactivate in the License Manager) will avoid this problem. We have a file I can send to you to resolve this (This should be resolved more permanently in a later release of MetaStock) but I would need to know the exact version of MetaStock first.

I have just upgrade my op system to WINDOWS10 and after reinstaling Metastock 10.1  when I tried to open the program I immediate get the above error.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall 10.1 but the same error message occurs on trying to open the program after a successful install.

Any help on this will be much appreciated

MS Support  
#18 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 3:44:47 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi, I would recommend contacting our technical support directly. There might be a slightly newer version of the licensing files which may help the issue, but otherwise this version of MetaStock is no longer able to be activated.