logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mymetaforum  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2016 10:05:53 AM(UTC)
mymetaforum

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Data prediction

Hi, My data provider sends me tick by tick data into a minute bar chart. The metastock populates charts for me on every second/minute. I see the MACD and many many charts. This works fine.

I have a need, for example if Yahoo stock shows 35.5 dollars at 10:00 Am, I want a custom data above the data that is being provided by vendor, which shows two ticks like this , 10:01 AM 35.75  and 10:01 AM 35.25. So the real data is 35.5 and my fake data is 35.75 and 35.25.

So the bottom line is to predict my data and see the charts. That’s my goal. Hope I made you understand.

Advanced thanks for all of you.

Thanks

Sam

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2016 10:40:58 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 150 post(s)
You can't really add fake data via formula, although you can have an indicator that draws at those values. Are you saying you want to just add 0.25 and subtract 0.25 from the price? If so you would simply create a new indicator and output the Close + value and Close - value C + 0.25; C - 0.25
mymetaforum  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2016 4:06:13 AM(UTC)
mymetaforum

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: MS Support Go to Quoted Post
You can't really add fake data via formula, although you can have an indicator that draws at those values. Are you saying you want to just add 0.25 and subtract 0.25 from the price? If so you would simply create a new indicator and output the Close + value and Close - value

C + 0.25;
C - 0.25

The problem if i put the formula in the indicator is I cannot see the predicted values in expert advisor, as expert advisor is available only for main window and not for indicator. If i merge the indicator with the main screen, expert advisor is not applying for the newly added indicator but apply s only for the OHLC 1 minute data.

The purpose of my formula is to apply the formula in the main chart instead of an indicator and apply different expert advisor and see on the screen during trading hours and take a decision. 

If i do as you suggest, i can see the data, but i would not see the main chart for making decisions. 

Hope you have understood my requirement. See if you can help me on my need. 

Thanks for your help. You are doing a great job

sam

MS Support  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2016 8:26:54 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 150 post(s)
The Expert Advisor as you noted can only work off of the base security of the chart. I suppose you could possibly use the Insert > Security function to add the same security into a new inner window in the chart. You could create an indicator using your 'modified' price settings (i.e. C + 0.25). You would have to modify your expert formulas calculations to accomodate this. You could then color the base security the same color as the background of the chart (the base security has to remain in the chart for the expert to calculate). This way you would have the secondary security for tracking the accurate price data, you would have the indicator displaying your modified price data, and the expert advisor signals would also display next to this modified indicator.