logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bp  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 3:23:50 PM(UTC)
bp

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi,

I have a what I guess is a super easy question, I hope. I've been asked to do this by someone, I've had a bit of a play with his Metastock application and not found a way to do it yet.

He has a set of data opened. The various graph lines are displayed etc. What's required is to open up another set of data to compare. The other set of data is basically a single value per day back in time. What format should that data be in, and how to then display it along side / with / superimposed / in a corresponding panel to the already displayed data?

Make sense? Possible? If so, how?

Note, if this makes any difference, it's a pretty old version of MS: 8.01.

Thanks, Ben.

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2015 6:59:20 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
The most reliable way would be to convert the data into a MetaStock Local Data Security file via the DownLoader's Tools > Convert command. A comma separated ASCII Text format is the most reliable, although Excel is another possible format to convert from. Within the DownLoader's F1 Help you can perform an Index search for ASCII File Layout, which will explain in detail the format within the TXT file in order to successfully convert. After doing so, there will be a few different ways to bring in data into the chart for comparison, such as Relative Strength Comparative Indicator, the Insert > Security command to bring it in as a secondary security into the chart, etc.
bp  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 9:45:35 AM(UTC)
bp

OK, great, I'll look into that and give that a go. Thanks.

bp  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 6:28:46 PM(UTC)
bp

Yup, success. That, in particular the Relative Strength Comparative Indicator method, did it great. So thanks for that.