logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nasdaqtrader  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:30:28 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Dear Metastock,

I have been a long time user of Metastock, and would like to continue to be, but the request below need to be implemented into the Metastock platform. I really do not want to switch trading platforms. Not having these products is costing me in my trading since I'm looking to go full time trading for a living.

Can we have a trading platform that we can do trades right off the charts and have a trade viewer and also off the trade viewer have the ability to trade and close the positions. Just as the competitors trading platforms TradeStation, Esignal, RealTick, LightSpeed, Sterling Trader Pro etc... Also the ability to have Metastok charts on Multi Monitors capability.

Also that the charts open with the candlesticks and price volume to be color coded red for down and green for up. Instead creating a chart template method.

I'm sure there is alot of needs I would like to see in MetaStock to be updated, but the ones above is the most needed right now.

Once again thank you for listening to my requests, I know I have mentioned this before and spoke with John Slauson about these requests I have also emailed with some ideas to incorporate into MetaStock newer releases.

Once again thank you for listening, please incoporate these request real soon.

Regards, Frank Koenig Trade Like a Pro Trend is your Friend
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:53:16 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi Frank,

Thank you for the feedback. A broker interface is something we've looked at, and it is possible that such a feature might be implemented in the future. We do have to weigh the potential positives as well as the potential negatives to implementing any new feature. Do you find that you are spending a lot of time performing your analysis on the MetaStock side, then switching over to your broker software to perform the execution?

While we do support multiple monitors via View > Full Desktop, I assume you are referring more to the ability to drag charts outside of the MetaStock 'container'. This is certainly in our plans, but re-writing the MetaStock container falls behind updating the 'guts' of MetaStock and we won't likely see a re-write of the container in the near term.

Edited by user Thursday, April 30, 2015 6:54:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nasdaqtrader  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 5:55:36 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

MS Support,

Thank you

Do you find that you are spending a lot of time performing your analysis on the MetaStock side, then switching over to your broker software to perform the execution?

Yes, this is time consuming, and when the price moves there is delays

I am not sure I entirely understood your last request regarding Price and Volume Color. Are you looking for a way to avoid using templates, or does your request have more to do with the Up/Down color you can set within the Price properties vs. controlling the color via an Expert Advisor?

Volume color plotted in Green for up volume and red for down volume, yes by avoiding using a template.

MS Support  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 6:48:38 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the clarification. The reason I asked more about the price colors is that we do have the Format > Prices option, but everything operates initially off of a template, even if it is only the Default template. However, Format > Prices compares Close to previous day's Close to determine Up/Down coloration, whereas Candlesticks are colored based on the Open to Close relationship. Coloring in this way is only supported via the Expert Advisor's "Highlights" tab.

Thank you for clarifying on the volume.  You are correct in that having Up and Down volume colored differently requires a custom indicator, and a template will be the easiest way to plot this.  We are looking into adding Colors and Styles as part of the formula language down the road which may also help with this.

Edited by user Thursday, April 30, 2015 6:54:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nasdaqtrader  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2015 12:28:39 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

MS Support,

Thank you again, but I have been hearing this now for years now that down the road. of MetaStock is released and nothing really major changes are appearing. And when newer release This really does not help me and other day traders at all. I really believe that MetaStock really needs to rebuild the entire main engine to be competitive with the other trading platforms. All these request that I have asked for other leading platforms incorporated these features a long time ago. MetaStock is being left out in the dust.

I really do not want to change trading platforms, but this now may really push me to change my trading platform so my trading tools and needs are met for me to do many extra steps and between my trading broker platform and going back to MetaStock platform.

I really have noticed also most of the add-ons, the creator makes a MetaStock add-on, but they use other trading platforms for there daily trading, a lot of them use Esignal or TradeStation etc...

Hopefully Scott Brown, will realize that these request need to be addressed and to revamp the main engine of MetaStock before it is to late. And that MetaStock gets to be a obsolete program that goes away for good.

nasdaqtrader  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2015 1:24:09 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

MS Support,

There is also one request I have forgotten to post. That is to have a capability to incorporate a scanner feature that includes Pre-Market, Post Market, and Realtime Scans being update during the trading day. Currently the Explorer is out dated now.

Thanks

MS Support  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2015 2:46:39 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Hi Frank,

The formula language re-write is definitely underway, however due to the magnitude of such a project we cannot ensure it will be in the next major version update.

XENITH supports pre and post market data, so this is also something that is planned to be updated. Once we are able to bring this data into MetaStock, adding features to the Explorer and elsewhere shouldn't be too difficult. I have written up a feature request to add options to the Explorer once support for this data is implemented.

The Explorer already supports up-to-date scanning, so I am not sure if I fully understood your request here.  Are you referring to some sort of persistent, automatic scanning?

Edited by user Friday, May 1, 2015 2:49:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nasdaqtrader  
#8 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2015 2:53:31 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

MS Support,

The Explorer already supports up-to-date scanning, so I am not sure if I fully understood your request here. Are you referring to some sort of persistent, automatic scanning?

Yes, some sort of persistent, automatic scanning.

MS Support  
#9 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2015 3:08:29 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Hi Frank, Thanks again for the clarification. This has certainly been discussed regarding adding such functionality to the Explorer. This likely would not happen until the formula language overhaul. Allowing for server-side, real-time custom scans is a fairly significant undertaking to ensure it works well. Most providers that I have seen support this process only allow for limited, pre-defined scans. Ideally if we implemented such a feature it would allow for custom formula based scanning.
nasdaqtrader  
#10 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2015 3:29:53 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

MS Support,

Thank You, I guess I'm wanting to much now, But these request would really be helpful when you trade for a living. I really like MetaStock and do not want to leave and use and learn another platform.

But I need tools that make my trading alot more easier, then going between different platforms and going back and forth. Just want the daily tasks to setup up be alot easier. Since I have 8 monitors that I use daily.

MS Support  
#11 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2015 6:51:15 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Understandable given the extensive monitor setup! Have you looked at the "Signal" App within XENITH? It is limited to calculating off of Daily data, but it does allow you to configure certain parameters to alert real-time when conditions occur.
nasdaqtrader  
#12 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2015 7:22:31 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

MS Support,

No I have not, I will take a look at this over the weekend.