logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
protzm  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:28:36 PM(UTC)
protzm

Groups: Guests

Hello.

I am downloading eps estimates for a particular fiscal year going back into the past. For example I download the 2014 estimate for IBM that the analyst community produced of January 1st 2012...and other days during 2012. I have been able to do this for a single stock and for multiple stocks.

Here is the problem I am having. When I download multiple stocks instead of presenting multiple columns with the date aligned in one column on the left, it stacks the stocks vertically with a different row for each day and each stock. This makes the data much harder for me to use when I download for many tickers at once. I am using the new version of eikon with TR command. Does anybody know if it is possible to download any more efficient format (i.e. with dates aligned in one column on the left)? Thank you so much for any help.

To reproduce my results, take a blank sheet and type this formula in cell A1: =TR("HGTX3.SA;NATU3.SA","TR.EBITDAMedian(AlignType=PrelimOrPeriodEndDate Methodology=WeightedAnnual).date;TR.EBITDAMedian(AlignType=PrelimOrPeriodEndDate Methodology=WeightedAnnual).value","Period=FY2014 SDate=0D EDate=-6AY Frq=CW CH=Fd RH=In",$B$2)

You will see stacked data for EBITDA estimates for two stocks. What I want to see is something like this, below. THANKS!!!

Ticker1 Ticker2

Date1 x x

Date2 x x

Date3 x x

Date4 x x

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2014 1:52:40 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
I do not know of a single formula that would accomplish this.

Your first data request would include the "Show Date" part of the formula:

A1:

=TR($B$2,"TR.EPSMeanEstimate","SDate=0D EDate=-1AY CH=Fd RH=Date",$A$4)

C1:

=TR($C$2,"TR.EPSMeanEstimate","SDate=0D EDate=-1AY CH=Fd",$C$4)

D1:

=TR($D$2,"TR.EPSMeanEstimate","SDate=0D EDate=-1AY CH=Fd",$D$4)

You can then use B2, C2, D2, etc as your symbol field. Just type the symbol you want in those cells and the data should come in.

Repeat this sequence (for example just edit $D$2 and $D$4 and change to the next sequential letter) as needed.
MS Support attached the following image(s):
tr_excel_worksheet.png