logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hayseed  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2006 2:50:24 AM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

had to smile when looking at the ets trading system's web page.... the reason was they chose the oex for their chart.... the oex is our version, here in the states, of the mad max thunderdome..... two man enter, one man leave..... anyone that has ever stepped inside is well aware of the gains and losses.... today was a case in point.... after a couple lucky weeks i decided to look over the equis catalog this weekend, better spend it before i loose it..... bought the ets, walter bresserts profit trader and dr elders trading room addons..... they arrived today and at first glance all look worth far more than the money spent..... the ets was the simpliest of the 3 so it will go first..... it comes with no paper manual, but has a 28 page pdf that explains everything in detail, pdf's are my preference anyway.... and had i read the manual first, a couple calls to equis could have been avoided... the temp/permanent patch utility key threw me..... maybe wabbit's fixation on reading manuals first has merit after all..... nahhh... the ets has 2 experts, one named 'ets basic version' and one named 'ets complex version'..... the complex has 4 times as many symbols as the basic.... such as profit targets and protective stops, both long and short.... the commentarys are brief and to the point, 'just the facts ma'am 'style..... the complex version takes entirely too long to load the symbols, though the trends and highlights come up instantly.... seconds after applying the expert the cpu pegs and my computers cooling fan kicks into high gear.... somebody writtin some complex math.... the ets system has 2 password protected indicators , a moving average and system signals with inputs.... for some reason i feel the moving average/signals is the money maker of the entire deal.... it has 3 templates, 2 are just enhanced versions of the 2 experts.... the 3'rd is similar to the complex template but has the ets signals/with inputs in histogram style overlaying the price chart.... that overlaying is confusing as it almost completely blocks out the price chart.... could that be the point????.... i moved the signals to their own window.... it also has 2 explorations , one for enter long and one for enter short....... and it has one system test..... of course we could create many more templates, experts and system tests...... matter-a-fact, that's half the fun..... all in all, it looks promising..... likely the moving average/signals is jewel of this deal..... i should be able to more than cover the cost in one trade tommorrow...... or loose more than the cost, as the case may be.......h ps, will post some better pictures later....
Spaceant  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2006 3:34:42 AM(UTC)
Spaceant

hayseed, nice to read your comment...... and hope you can make a profit that covers the cost..... it seems that you have used quite a lot of expert advisors / addon / plugin.... well, I would like to asked which is the best one that you have ever tried. well, the 'question' is questionable itself when I asked. It perhaps is different to answer and percieve as well. But, out of my curiorsity, I still send out this reply to ask...... probably, I would be able to have that kind of resources (money, knowledge, experience) to test ones that you have used. Put it in this, let me rephrase the question. What is the best advisor, addon or plugin that fits your trading style? I am considering to buy one that fits my trading style:-- I would like to trade some kind of breakthrough tradings, i.e. minimize the number of tradings (this is to minimize the number of faults that I make knowing that trading is a probability game)..... also, capturing the breakthrough or one-sided trading would theoritically make profit in the shortest time... well, I am still look for me best advisor.... do you have any recommendation? sa
hayseed  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2006 6:21:50 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey sa..... until today i only had 2 plugins, powerpivots and john murphys pattern reconigition.... most plugins seem complex in design, my preference is for the exact opposite .... my trading is somewhat simple, involving moving averages.... mostly trade the diamonds, spyders and oex.... the diamonds and spyders are the easiest cause your trading against professionals..... oex options are difficult cause your trading against compulsive addicted gamblers.... today would be a bad example, cause it was such a good day, but i just wait till 2 time frames line up, of the 15, 30, 60, daily and then dive in.... the returns are high if you wait till they line up and losses can be terrible if you don't.... there are about 30 things i watch, its seldom at least one ain't lined up..... if by chance none are, i'll go bushog the front yard..... when it comes to experts and such, i float around like a butterfly..... mostly just to keep my mind busy..... my true trading is just line following...... i'll give it some thought and try to come up with a good example......h
Advantage  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:49:29 AM(UTC)
Advantage

Did you keep up with the ETS Trading System? What were your findings?

Thanks

Advantage
henry1224  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:06:12 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would only be interested in a Plug in if it adds functionality! Otherwise it will just be a pile of useless code that you could have written.

it all starts with the MSFL "Metastock formula language"
1: learn to code basic indicators
2: interpret what the indicator is telling you
3: combine indicators into a system
4: create a system and test for profitability
5: create an expert and attach it to a chart
6: create an exploration to find entries
7: Trade and continue to follow your trade
Advantage  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:34:06 AM(UTC)
Advantage

Thanks for your feedback and I totally agree. That's why I am testing to see if an add-on does indeed add value compared to what I do now.

I have done what you have listed but I am weaker on setting stops and profit targets, at least automatically. That is of interest to me.

I am skeptical off the add-ons but with a 30 day money back guarantee, it's worth evaluating if you have the time.

Cheers

Advantge