logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
John S  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:52:46 AM(UTC)
John S

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

At the risk of waxing sentimental I"ll share this.

<begin WAXing>
I read "The Art of Low Risk Investing" by the late Michael Zahorchak when I was a student at BYU (1985). I fell in love with Technical Analysis. When I graduated in 1988, I had three on-campus interviews: JC Penny (Tampa FL), Wal-mart (Hobbs, New Mexico) and Computer Asset Management (later Equis). The decision was a no brainer... I"ve been involved with MetaStock ever since. So yeah, you're pretty much spot on...the ranking of my life loves...1) MetaStock, 2) My God; 3) My family; 4) My country. 5) BYU football. That's a joke BTW. BYU football comes before country. :-).

You all have heard me say that we are better positioned than we have been in 15 years to progress MetaStock. This is not hyperbole. We have added three new programmers to the project with a combined 40 years of experience in developing charting software and related services (primarily MetaStock). In fact, as of yesterday Ken Hunt, the original architect that worked side-by-side with Steve Achelis (founder), is back!! I can't tell you how excited I am about this. I did cartwheels down the hallway when I first heard he was coming back.

Many of the wish-list features that have been mentioned on this forum (and elsewhere by less hard-core customers since we must attend to as welll) are being spec'ed or have been. These are bubbling to the top. But like a politician I cannot speak to manyof the specifics and the whens. Competitors do tune-in and we all know that MetaStock has plenty of them.

Just like any normal human, criticism is not easy to take, however, I am choosing to interpret this as "passion" motivated by a sincere desire for MetaStock to succeed. And I believe that most of you are cheering for us.

<END WAXing>

Time to deliver,

--john slauson
eddie.m  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 10:51:45 AM(UTC)
eddie.m

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

John S wrote:
At the risk of waxing sentimental I"ll share this.
But like a politician I cannot speak to manyof the specifics and the whens. Competitors do tune-in and we all know that MetaStock has plenty of them.

--john slauson

Dear John, [:)]

Thank you for your confession. [:D]

I hope my interpretation of Hello Dolly higher up on this thread amused you enough to turn sentimental. [:D][:)][:O]

Glad to hear Ken Hunt is back. [:O]

Perhaps you will also consider having a few external consultants on new directions Equis could take from now on.

You said: “Competitors do tune-in and we all know that MetaStock has plenty of them.” Yes, Metastock has plenty of them, but MetaStock also has lots and lots of loyal users who will never buy elsewhere if Equis gives them what they want.

MS users must also realize that Equis does not produce personalized versions of the software. You know what? I am willing to pay $889 for Equis to make my private version of MS with XYZ features. [:D]

(Hey, John, could this be an original idea for MS policy makers though?)

I, for one, need no more functions, bells and whistles. For $499, buyers get more than a bargain.
By the way, I visited MultiCharts’ web site. Apart from the many inflated prices they have, their Real Time version is …. $9,000 [6] I had a strong belly laugh at that. [:D] I keep on wondering: who the heck can make someone believe he will better off with such expensive software if he is unable to extract a dollar from the markets with charts at finance.yahoo.com? How much fantasy is in this world and how little ability!!! …

At the time of this writing, Cyprus considers helping themselves freely from the deposits which savers have put in their crumbling Banks. Ha, ha, ha … [:)]

Let me remind you of a chapter in USA’s history:

Back in the 1850’s the Gold Rush Era unraveled. Gold diggers were busily digging everywhere for big treasures. Levi Strauss, a smart Jew, decided not to follow suit and to provide gold diggers with hard corduroy long pants instead.

Today there is no record of what happened to the hard working dreamers, [:(] (except for maybe the unlucky ones who stopped exploring two yards from the gold ore), but we keep on hearing about a beautiful story called Levi’s Strauss blue jeans on a daily basis. [:D]

Always give customers what they want.

And you customers out there always whining for this and that, [6] start making more profits with what you already have, and stop the hell of thinking you’ll be better traders with what you don't have but want to have ... [:@] Beg the markets to give you more $$$ and quit breastfeeding on Equis with requests, demands, grimaces, wishes and fancy formulas. Yeah, right, go and have your Formula One baby milk instead.

John S  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:21:09 AM(UTC)
John S

Assad,

Yes. OLE with Excel continues work in MetaStock 12.

--john
zvior  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:36:43 AM(UTC)
zvior

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Dear John,

Please take in account the MS users from countries, where languages other than English are used.

The previous versions of MS allowed securities names be written on any language - this feature was lost in MS12.

>

> Piracy of MetaStock runs 90% in many countries and is even high in developed countries. This is devastating to us and our dealers. The thinking of Jack Sparrow goes like this--Why pay for MetaStock and data when I can kife it via a bit torrent network and then grab the data from countless free services.

>

I thought that last versions of MS were well protected by passwords.

Regards,

Zvi - MS Dealer, Israel

John S  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:31:56 PM(UTC)
John S

Thanks for the feed feedback Zvi. If we implement the CSV file solution, then you'll be able to specify a unique name.

--john