logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ahmedalhosen  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:51:38 PM(UTC)
ahmedalhosen

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Dear ALL i think most of trader aware of sam idea about supply and demand zones http://lessons.tradingacademy.com/ and i didnot find any MS indicator or exploration deals with that concept !!!! Is it a limitation in MS !!! Kindly advice
ahmedalhosen  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:59:11 PM(UTC)
ahmedalhosen

The idea is to find a trading setup"condition" in the past "looking left at charts" and take the decision if the price approach that horizontal aria"Zone" Example : if price formed an engulfing up candle , Big body Candle up ..... etc then price retrace again to test the zone formed by the last "viewed" engulfing candle Is that applicable
MS Support  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:56:44 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 150 post(s)
The basic concept is not hard to write a formula for:

condition:= {formula describing the condition you specified} ;
L <= valuewhen(1, condition, {formula for high of the zone} )

The difficulty comes in specifing the exact condition. As written above, each time the conditon occurs, the zone resets to the new range. If the condition is to general, it will keep reseting the zone.

A second concideration is setting limits on the signal statement. If the condition you are looking for is negated by some future price action, that needs to be included in the fromula. Maybe the zone needs to be tested within a certain number of bars. Maybe an Index becoming overbought is a warning to not take the trade. Perhaps the ADX or Stochastick need to confirm the signal. Any and all of these could be needed for the siganl to be valid and would have to be included in the formula.

ahmedalhosen  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 4:27:31 PM(UTC)
ahmedalhosen

Hello and thanks for reply i thought from 1st insight that this type of indicators couldnot be done by MS , but the strange is it done by metatrader !!!!!! The indicator iam asking about is Re: II_SupDem The reference site is: http://insanityindustrie.../viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10 So could you help building II_SupDem in MS formate Thanks in advance Regards
wabbit  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:52:05 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
The programming languages of MT4/MT5 are far more powerful than the rudimentary scripting language employed in MetaStock.

The reference link you provided does nothing to explain how the indicator works. I did find some other information and the MQL source code, but I'm not going to wade through the 800+ lines of code to figure out how it works, and from what I have read so far, Sam's "instructions" are basic guidelines and many traders allege his hand-drawn charts get edited after the trade. Guidelines and methods cannot be programmed; only strict algorithms can be implemented.

How do you think supply and demand algorithm should work?

wabbit [:D]

P.S. MS doesn't have the formatting abilities of MT4 either, so there would be issues with being able to display the information computed anyway.

ahmedalhosen  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 5:27:01 PM(UTC)
ahmedalhosen

Hellow Wabbit Yes the indicator has 100s of lines of codes :) , But lets Break it to Small parts and handling one by one And lets Speak about Supply demand itself which use the pivot points approach If We have a pivot point low " and for this example i will use 5 candles pivotpoint formation" 1-" that pivot point formed from 5 candles " 2 down candles left then the center candle followed by two up candles in the right " 2-the range of the "two candles bodies in the right" > the range of the two candles bodies in the left i.e the range of last two candles bodies engulf the range of two candles bodies in the left 3- Now lets define the Zone "" it is the box formed by low of the Center candle and the lowest open of the two down candles in the left "" Note: That setup use the candles bodies " open, Close" concept to confirm that the power is shifted in market 4- Now any test for the Zone considered a trade opportunity to be watched Could that logic be coded in MS Regards
wabbit  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 7:31:20 PM(UTC)
wabbit

ahmedalhosen wrote:
1-" that pivot point formed from 5 candles 2 down candles left then the center candle followed by two up candles in the right "

Use the Ref() function to identify this fractal formation.

ahmedalhosen wrote:
2-the range of the "two candles bodies in the right" > the range of the two candles bodies in the left i.e the range of last two candles bodies engulf the range of two candles bodies in the left

Use nested Max() and Min() functions, and some Ref() functions to identify this requirement.

ahmedalhosen wrote:
3- Now lets define the Zone "" it is the box formed by low of the Center candle and the lowest open of the two down candles in the left " Note: That setup use the candles bodies " open, Close" concept to confirm that the power is shifted in market

Valuewhen() and some more Ref() functions

ahmedalhosen wrote:
4- Now any test for the Zone considered a trade opportunity to be watched

You haven't defined the "test"

ahmedalhosen wrote:
Could that logic be coded in MS

Give it a go and see if your code matches your intended results.

ahmedalhosen  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 1:33:38 PM(UTC)
ahmedalhosen

Hello wabbit i tried but faild to make the indicator Any how the indicator from Metatrader called supdem attached here , Could any coder convert it to MS indicator Regards //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| II_SupDem.mq4 | //| Copyright © 2010, Insanity Industries | //| http://www.insanityindustries.net | //| v.2.3.1 21/7/2010 | //| code by bredin, except where noted | //| donations can be made via PayPal to bredin@lpemail.com | //| | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ #property copyright "Copyright © 2010, Insanity Industries" #property link "https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=JEHPJ5XSPPN62" #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 2 extern int forced.tf = 0; extern bool draw.zones = true; extern bool solid.zones = false; extern bool solid.retouch = false; extern bool recolor.retouch = true; extern bool recolor.weak.retouch = false; extern bool zone.strength = true; extern bool no.weak.zones = true; extern bool draw.edge.price = true; extern int zone.width = 2; extern bool zone.fibs = false; extern int fib.style = 0; extern bool HUD.on = true; extern bool timer.on = true; extern int layer.zone = 0; extern int layer.HUD = 20; extern int corner.HUD = 2; extern int pos.x = 100; extern int pos.y = 20; extern bool alert.on = true; extern bool alert.popup = true; extern string alert.sound = "alert.wav"; extern color color.sup.strong = Green; extern color color.sup.weak = Yellow; extern color color.sup.retouch = DarkGreen; extern color color.dem.strong = Crimson; extern color color.dem.weak = HotPink; extern color color.dem.retouch = MediumVioletRed; extern color color.fib = DodgerBlue; extern color color.HUD.tf = Navy; extern color color.arrow.up = SeaGreen; extern color color.arrow.dn = Crimson; extern color color.timer.back = DarkGray; extern color color.timer.bar = Red; extern color color.shadow = DarkSlateGray; extern bool limit.zone.vis = false; extern bool same.tf.vis = true; extern bool show.on.m1 = false; extern bool show.on.m5 = true; extern bool show.on.m15 = false; extern bool show.on.m30 = false; extern bool show.on.h1 = false; extern bool show.on.h4 = false; extern bool show.on.d1 = false; extern bool show.on.w1 = false; extern bool show.on.mn = false; extern int Price_Width = 1; extern int time.offset = 0; extern bool globals = false; double BuferUp1[]; double BuferDn1[]; double sup.RR[4]; double dem.RR[4]; double sup.width,dem.width; string l.hud,l.zone; int HUD.x; string font.HUD = "Comic Sans MS"; int font.HUD.size = 20; string font.HUD.price = "Arial Bold"; int font.HUD.price.size = 12; int arrow.UP = 0x70; int arrow.DN = 0x71; string font.arrow = "WingDings 3"; int font.arrow.size = 40; int font.pair.size = 8; string arrow.glance; color color.arrow; int visible; int rotation=270; int lenbase; string s_base="|||||||||||||||||||||||"; string timer.font="Arial Bold"; int size.timer.font=8; double min,max; double iPeriod[4] = {3,8,13,34}; int Dev[4] = {2,5,8,13}; int Step[4] = {2,3,5,8}; datetime t1,t2; double p1,p2; string pair; double point; int digits; int tf; string TAG; double fib.sup,fib.dem; int SupCount,DemCount; int SupAlert,DemAlert; double up.cur,dn.cur; double fib.level.array[13]={0,0.236,0.386,0.5,0.618,0.786,1,1.276,1.618,2.058,2.618,3.33,4.236}; string fib.level.desc[13]={"0","23.6%","38.6%","50%","61.8%","78.6%","100%","127.6%","161.8%","205.8%","261.80%","333%","423.6%"}; int hud.timer.x,hud.timer.y,hud.arrow.x,hud.arrow.y,hud.tf.x,hud.tf.y; int hud.sup.x,hud.sup.y,hud.dem.x,hud.dem.y; int hud.timers.x,hud.timers.y,hud.arrows.x,hud.arrows.y,hud.tfs.x,hud.tfs.y; int hud.sups.x,hud.sups.y,hud.dems.x,hud.dems.y; int init() { SetIndexBuffer(1,BuferUp1); SetIndexEmptyValue(1,0.0); SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_NONE); SetIndexBuffer(0,BuferDn1); SetIndexEmptyValue(0,0.0); SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_NONE); if(layer.HUD > 25) layer.HUD = 25; l.hud = CharToStr(0x61+layer.HUD); if(layer.zone > 25) layer.zone = 25; l.zone = CharToStr(0x61+layer.zone); pair=Symbol(); if(forced.tf != 0) tf = forced.tf; else tf = Period(); point = Point; digits = Digits; if(digits == 3 || digits == 5) point*=10; if(HUD.on && !draw.zones) TAG = "II_HUD"+tf; else TAG = "II_SupDem"+tf; lenbase=StringLen(s_base); if(HUD.on) setHUD(); if(limit.zone.vis) setVisibility(); ObDeleteObjectsByPrefix(l.hud+TAG); ObDeleteObjectsByPrefix(l.zone+TAG); DoLogo(); return(0); } int deinit() { ObDeleteObjectsByPrefix(l.hud+TAG); ObDeleteObjectsByPrefix(l.zone+TAG); Comment(""); return(0); } int start() { if(NewBar()==true) { SupAlert = 1; DemAlert = 1; ObDeleteObjectsByPrefix(l.zone+TAG); CountZZ(BuferUp1,BuferDn1,iPeriod[0],Dev[0],Step[0]); GetValid(BuferUp1,BuferDn1); Draw(); if(HUD.on) HUD(); } if(HUD.on && timer.on) BarTimer(); if(alert.on) CheckAlert(); return(0); } void CheckAlert(){ // SupCount DemCount // SupAlert DemAlert double price = ObjectGet(l.zone+TAG+"UPAR"+SupAlert,OBJPROP_PRICE1); if(Close[0] > price && price > point){ if(alert.popup) Alert(pair+" "+TimeFrameToString(tf)+" Supply Zone Entered at "+DoubleToStr(price,Digits)); PlaySound(alert.sound); SupAlert++; } price = ObjectGet(l.zone+TAG+"DNAR"+DemAlert,OBJPROP_PRICE1); if(Close[0] < price){ Alert(pair+" "+TimeFrameToString(tf)+" Demand Zone Entered at "+DoubleToStr(price,Digits)); PlaySound(alert.sound); DemAlert++; } } void Draw() { int fib.sup.hit=0; int fib.dem.hit=0; int sc=0,dc=0; int i,j,countstrong,countweak; color c; string s; bool exit,draw,fle,fhe,retouch; bool valid; double val; fhe=false; fle=false; SupCount=0; DemCount=0; fib.sup=0; fib.dem=0; for(i=0;i<ibars(pair,tf);i++){ if(BuferDn1 > point){ retouch = false; valid = false; t1 = iTime(pair,tf,i); t2 = Time[0]; p2 = MathMin(iClose(pair,tf,i),iOpen(pair,tf,i)); if(i>0) p2 = MathMax(p2,MathMax(iLow(pair,tf,i-1),iLow(pair,tf,i+1))); if(i>0) p2 = MathMax(p2,MathMin(iOpen(pair,tf,i-1),iClose(pair,tf,i-1))); p2 = MathMax(p2,MathMin(iOpen(pair,tf,i+1),iClose(pair,tf,i+1))); draw=true; if(recolor.retouch || !solid.retouch){ exit = false; for(j=i;j>=0;j--){ if(j==0 && !exit) {draw=false;break;} if(!exit && iHigh(pair,tf,j)<p2) {exit=true;continue;} if(exit && iHigh(pair,tf,j)>p2) { retouch = true; if(zone.fibs && fib.sup.hit==0){ fib.sup = p2; fib.sup.hit = j;} break; } } } if(SupCount != 0) val = ObjectGet(TAG+"UPZONE"+SupCount,OBJPROP_PRICE2); //final sema cull else val=0; if(draw.zones && draw && BuferDn1!=val) { valid=true; c = color.sup.strong; if(zone.strength && (retouch || !recolor.retouch)){ countstrong=0; countweak=0; for(j=i;j<1000000;j++){ if(iHigh(pair,tf,j+1)<p2) countstrong++; if(iHigh(pair,tf,j+1)>BuferDn1) countweak++; if(countstrong > 1) break; else if(countweak > 1){ c=color.sup.weak; if(no.weak.zones) draw = false; break; } } } // if(c == color.sup.weak && !no.weak.zones) draw = false; if(draw){ if(recolor.retouch && retouch && countweak<2) c = color.sup.retouch; else if(recolor.weak.retouch && retouch && countweak>1) c = color.sup.retouch; SupCount++; if(draw.edge.price){ s = l.zone+TAG+"UPAR"+SupCount; ObjectCreate(s,OBJ_ARROW,0,0,0); ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_ARROWCODE,SYMBOL_RIGHTPRICE); ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_TIME1, t2); ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_PRICE1, p2); ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_COLOR,c); ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_WIDTH,Price_Width); if(limit.zone.vis) ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES,visible); } s = l.zone+TAG+"UPZONE"+SupCount; ObjectCreate(s,OBJ_RECTANGLE,0,0,0,0,0); ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_TIME1,t1); ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_PRICE1,BuferDn1); ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_TIME2,t2); ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_PRICE2,p2); ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_COLOR,c); ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_BACK,true); if(limit.zone.vis) ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES,visible); if(!solid.zones) {ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_BACK,false);ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_WIDTH,zone.width);} if(!solid.retouch && retouch) {ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_BACK,false);ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_WIDTH,zone.width);} if(globals){ GlobalVariableSet(TAG+"S.PH"+SupCount,BuferDn1); GlobalVariableSet(TAG+"S.PL"+SupCount,p2); GlobalVariableSet(TAG+"S.T"+SupCount,iTime(pair,tf,i)); } if(!fhe && c!=color.dem.retouch){fhe=true;GlobalVariableSet(TAG+"GOSHORT",p2);} } } if(draw && sc if(sc==0) sup.width = BuferDn1 - p2; sup.RR[sc] = p2; sc++; } } if(BuferUp1 > point){ retouch = false; valid=false; t1 = iTime(pair,tf,i); t2 = Time[0]; p2 = MathMax(iClose(pair,tf,i),iOpen(pair,tf,i)); if(i>0) p2 = MathMin(p2,MathMin(iHigh(pair,tf,i+1),iHigh(pair,tf,i-1))); if(i>0) p2 = MathMin(p2,MathMax(iOpen(pair,tf,i-1),iClose(pair,tf,i-1))); p2 = MathMin(p2,MathMax(iOpen(pair,tf,i+1),iClose(pair,tf,i+1))); c = color.dem.strong; draw=true; if(recolor.retouch || !solid.retouch){ exit = false; for(j=i;j>=0;j--) { if(j==0 && !exit) {draw=false;break;} if(!exit && iLow(pair,tf,j)>p2) {exit=true;continue;} if(exit && iLow(pair,tf,j)<p2) { retouch = true; if(zone.fibs && fib.dem.hit==0){fib.dem = p2; fib.dem.hit = j; } break; } } } if(DemCount != 0) val = ObjectGet(TAG+"DNZONE"+DemCount,OBJPROP_PRICE2); //final sema cull else val=0; if(draw.zones && draw && BuferUp1!=val){ valid = true; if(zone.strength && (retouch || !recolor.retouch)){ countstrong=0; countweak=0; for(j=i;j<1000000;j++){ if(iLow(pair,tf,j+1)>p2) countstrong++; if(iLow(pair,tf,j+1)) countweak++; if(countstrong > 1) break; else if(countweak > 1){ if(no.weak.zones) draw = false; c=color.dem.weak; break; } } } if(draw){ if(recolor.retouch && retouch && countweak<2) c = color.dem.retouch; else if(recolor.weak.retouch && retouch && countweak>1) c = color.dem.retouch; DemCount++; if(draw.edge.price){ s = l.zone+TAG+"DNAR"+DemCount; ObjectCreate(s,OBJ_ARROW,0,0,0); ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_ARROWCODE,SYMBOL_RIGHTPRICE); ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_TIME1, t2); ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_PRICE1, p2); ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_COLOR,c); ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_WIDTH,Price_Width); if(limit.zone.vis) ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES,visible); } s = l.zone+TAG+"DNZONE"+DemCount; ObjectCreate(s,OBJ_RECTANGLE,0,0,0,0,0); ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_TIME1,t1); ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_PRICE1,p2); ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_TIME2,t2); ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_PRICE2,BuferUp1); ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_COLOR,c); ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_BACK,true); if(limit.zone.vis) ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES,visible); if(!solid.zones) {ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_BACK,false);ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_WIDTH,zone.width);} if(!solid.retouch && retouch) {ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_BACK,false);ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_WIDTH,zone.width);} if(globals){ GlobalVariableSet(TAG+"D.PL"+DemCount,BuferUp1); GlobalVariableSet(TAG+"D.PH"+DemCount,p2); GlobalVariableSet(TAG+"D.T"+DemCount,iTime(pair,tf,i)); } if(!fle && c!=color.dem.retouch){fle=true;GlobalVariableSet(TAG+"GOLONG",p2);} } } if(draw && dc if(dc==0) dem.width = p2-BuferUp1; dem.RR[dc] = p2; dc++; } } } if(zone.fibs || HUD.on){ double a,b; int dr=0; int sr=0; int d1=0; int s1=0; int t; for(i=0;i<100000;i++){ if(iHigh(pair,tf,i)>fib.sup && sr==0) sr = i; if(iHigh(pair,tf,i)>sup.RR[0] && s1==0) s1 = i; if(iLow(pair,tf,i) if(iLow(pair,tf,i) if(sr!=0&&s1!=0&&dr!=0&&d1!=0) break; } } if(zone.fibs){ if(dr else {b = fib.sup;a = dem.RR[0];} s = l.zone+TAG+"FIBO"; ObjectCreate(s, OBJ_FIBO, 0,Time[0],a,Time[0],b); ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_COLOR, CLR_NONE); ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_STYLE, fib.style); ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_RAY, true); ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_BACK, true); if(limit.zone.vis) ObjectSet(s,OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES,visible); int level_count=ArraySize(fib.level.array); ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_FIBOLEVELS, level_count); ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_LEVELCOLOR, color.fib); for(j=0; j<level_count; j++){ ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+j, fib.level.array[j]); ObjectSetFiboDescription(s,j,fib.level.desc[j]); } } if(HUD.on) { if(d1 else {b = sup.RR[0];a = dem.RR[0]; arrow.glance = CharToStr(arrow.DN); color.arrow = color.arrow.dn;} min = MathMin(a,b); max = MathMax(a,b); } } bool NewBar() { static datetime LastTime = 0; if (iTime(pair,tf,0)+time.offset != LastTime) { LastTime = iTime(pair,tf,0)+time.offset; return (true); } else return (false); } void ObDeleteObjectsByPrefix(string Prefix){ int L = StringLen(Prefix); int i = 0; while(i < ObjectsTotal()) { string ObjName = ObjectName(i); if(StringSubstr(ObjName, 0, L) != Prefix) { i++; continue; } ObjectDelete(ObjName); } } int CountZZ( double& ExtMapBuffer[], double& ExtMapBuffer2[], int ExtDepth, int ExtDeviation, int ExtBackstep ){ // based on code (C) metaquote{ int shift, back,lasthighpos,lastlowpos; double val,res; double curlow,curhigh,lasthigh,lastlow; int count = iBars(pair,tf)-ExtDepth; for(shift=count; shift>=0; shift--){ val = iLow(pair,tf,iLowest(pair,tf,MODE_LOW,ExtDepth,shift)); if(val==lastlow) val=0.0; else { lastlow=val; if((iLow(pair,tf,shift)-val)>(ExtDeviation*Point)) val=0.0; else{ for(back=1; back<=ExtBackstep; back++){ res=ExtMapBuffer[shift+back]; if((res!=0)&&(res>val)) ExtMapBuffer[shift+back]=0.0; } } } ExtMapBuffer[shift]=val; //--- high val=iHigh(pair,tf,iHighest(pair,tf,MODE_HIGH,ExtDepth,shift)); if(val==lasthigh) val=0.0; else { lasthigh=val; if((val-iHigh(pair,tf,shift))>(ExtDeviation*Point)) val=0.0; else{ for(back=1; back<=ExtBackstep; back++){ res=ExtMapBuffer2[shift+back]; if((res!=0)&&(res } } } ExtMapBuffer2[shift]=val; } // final cutting lasthigh=-1; lasthighpos=-1; lastlow=-1; lastlowpos=-1; for(shift=count; shift>=0; shift--){ curlow=ExtMapBuffer[shift]; curhigh=ExtMapBuffer2[shift]; if((curlow==0)&&(curhigh==0)) continue; //--- if(curhigh!=0){ if(lasthigh>0) { if(lasthigh else ExtMapBuffer2[shift]=0; } //--- if(lasthigh lasthigh=curhigh; lasthighpos=shift; } lastlow=-1; } //---- if(curlow!=0){ if(lastlow>0){ if(lastlow>curlow) ExtMapBuffer[lastlowpos]=0; else ExtMapBuffer[shift]=0; } //--- if((curlow<lastlow)||(lastlow<0)){ lastlow=curlow; lastlowpos=shift; } lasthigh=-1; } } for(shift=iBars(pair,tf)-1; shift>=0; shift--){ if(shift>=count) ExtMapBuffer[shift]=0.0; else { res=ExtMapBuffer2[shift]; if(res!=0.0) ExtMapBuffer2[shift]=res; } } } void GetValid(double& ExtMapBuffer[], double& ExtMapBuffer2[]){ up.cur = 0; int upbar = 0; dn.cur = 0; int dnbar = 0; double cur.hi = 0; double cur.lo = 0; double last.up = 0; double last.dn = 0; double low.dn = 0; double hi.up = 0; int i; for(i=0;i<ibars(pair,tf);i++) if(ExtMapBuffer > 0){ up.cur = ExtMapBuffer; cur.lo = ExtMapBuffer; last.up = cur.lo; break; } for(i=0;i<ibars(pair,tf);i++) if(ExtMapBuffer2 > 0){ dn.cur = ExtMapBuffer2; cur.hi = ExtMapBuffer2; last.dn = cur.hi; break; } for(i=0;i<ibars(pair,tf);i++) // remove higher lows and lower highs { if(ExtMapBuffer2 >= last.dn) { last.dn = ExtMapBuffer2; dnbar = i; } else ExtMapBuffer2 = 0.0; if(ExtMapBuffer2 <= dn.cur && ExtMapBuffer > 0.0) ExtMapBuffer2 = 0.0; if(ExtMapBuffer <= last.up && ExtMapBuffer > 0) { last.up = ExtMapBuffer; upbar = i; } else ExtMapBuffer = 0.0; if(ExtMapBuffer > up.cur) ExtMapBuffer = 0.0; } low.dn = MathMin(iOpen(pair,tf,dnbar),iClose(pair,tf,dnbar)); hi.up = MathMax(iOpen(pair,tf,upbar),iClose(pair,tf,upbar)); for(i=MathMax(upbar,dnbar);i>=0;i--) {// work back to zero and remove reentries into s/d if(ExtMapBuffer2 > low.dn && ExtMapBuffer2 != last.dn) ExtMapBuffer2 = 0.0; else if(ExtMapBuffer2 > 0) { last.dn = ExtMapBuffer2; low.dn = MathMin(iClose(pair,tf,i),iOpen(pair,tf,i)); if(i>0) low.dn = MathMax(low.dn,MathMax(iLow(pair,tf,i-1),iLow(pair,tf,i+1))); if(i>0) low.dn = MathMax(low.dn,MathMin(iOpen(pair,tf,i-1),iClose(pair,tf,i-1))); low.dn = MathMax(low.dn,MathMin(iOpen(pair,tf,i+1),iClose(pair,tf,i+1))); } if(ExtMapBuffer <= hi.up && ExtMapBuffer > 0 && ExtMapBuffer != last.up) ExtMapBuffer = 0.0; else if(ExtMapBuffer > 0){ last.up = ExtMapBuffer; hi.up = MathMax(iClose(pair,tf,i),iOpen(pair,tf,i)); if(i>0) hi.up = MathMin(hi.up,MathMin(iHigh(pair,tf,i+1),iHigh(pair,tf,i-1))); if(i>0) hi.up = MathMin(hi.up,MathMax(iOpen(pair,tf,i-1),iClose(pair,tf,i-1))); hi.up = MathMin(hi.up,MathMax(iOpen(pair,tf,i+1),iClose(pair,tf,i+1))); } } } void HUD() { string s = TimeFrameToString(tf); string u = DoubleToStr(ObjectGet(l.zone+TAG+"UPAR"+1,OBJPROP_PRICE1),Digits); string d = DoubleToStr(ObjectGet(l.zone+TAG+"DNAR"+1,OBJPROP_PRICE1),Digits); string l = "b"; DrawText(l,s,hud.tf.x,hud.tf.y,color.HUD.tf,font.HUD,font.HUD.size,corner.HUD); DrawText(l,arrow.glance,hud.arrow.x,hud.arrow.y,color.arrow,font.arrow,font.arrow.size,corner.HUD,0,true); DrawText(l,u,hud.sup.x,hud.sup.y,color.sup.strong,font.HUD.price,font.HUD.price.size,corner.HUD); DrawText(l,d,hud.dem.x,hud.dem.y,color.dem.strong,font.HUD.price,font.HUD.price.size,corner.HUD); l = "a"; DrawText(l,s,hud.tfs.x,hud.tfs.y,color.shadow,font.HUD,font.HUD.size,corner.HUD); DrawText(l,arrow.glance,hud.arrows.x,hud.arrows.y,color.shadow,font.arrow,font.arrow.size,corner.HUD,0,true); DrawText(l,u,hud.sups.x,hud.sups.y,color.shadow,font.HUD.price,font.HUD.price.size,corner.HUD); DrawText(l,d,hud.dems.x,hud.dems.y,color.shadow,font.HUD.price,font.HUD.price.size,corner.HUD); } void BarTimer() // Original Code by Vasyl Gumenyak, I just [censored]ed it up { int i=0,sec=0; double pc=0.0; string time=",s_end=",s; s = l.hud+TAG+"btimerback"; if (ObjectFind(s) == -1) { ObjectCreate(s , OBJ_LABEL,0,0,0); ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_XDISTANCE, hud.timer.x); ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_YDISTANCE, hud.timer.y); ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_CORNER, corner.HUD); ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_ANGLE, rotation); ObjectSetText(s, s_base, size.timer.font, timer.font, color.timer.back); } sec=TimeCurrent()-iTime(pair,tf,0); i=(lenbase-1)*sec/(tf*60); pc=100-(100.0*sec/(tf*60)); if(i>lenbase-1) i=lenbase-1; if(i<lenbase-1) s_end=StringSubstr(s_base,i+1,lenbase-i-1); time=StringConcatenate("|",s_end); s = l.hud+TAG+"timerfront"; if (ObjectFind(s) == -1) { ObjectCreate(s , OBJ_LABEL,0,0,0); ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_XDISTANCE, hud.timer.x); ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_YDISTANCE, hud.timer.y); ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_CORNER, corner.HUD); ObjectSet(s, OBJPROP_ANGLE, rotation); } ObjectSetText(s, time, size.timer.font, timer.font, color.timer.bar); } void DrawText(string l, string t, int x, int y, color c, string f, int s, int k=0, int a=0, bool b=false) { string tag = l.hud+TAG+l+x+y; ObjectDelete(tag); ObjectCreate(tag,OBJ_LABEL,0,0,0); ObjectSetText(tag,t,s,f,c); ObjectSet(tag,OBJPROP_XDISTANCE,x); ObjectSet(tag,OBJPROP_YDISTANCE,y); ObjectSet(tag,OBJPROP_CORNER,k); ObjectSet(tag,OBJPROP_ANGLE,a); if(b) ObjectSet(tag,OBJPROP_BACK,true); } string TimeFrameToString(int tf) //code by TRO { string tfs; switch(tf) { case PERIOD_M1: tfs="M1" ; break; case PERIOD_M5: tfs="M5" ; break; case PERIOD_M15: tfs="M15" ; break; case PERIOD_M30: tfs="M30" ; break; case PERIOD_H1: tfs="H1" ; break; case PERIOD_H4: tfs="H4" ; break; case PERIOD_D1: tfs="D1" ; break; case PERIOD_W1: tfs="W1" ; break; case PERIOD_MN1: tfs="MN"; } return(tfs); } void setHUD() { switch(tf) { case PERIOD_M1: HUD.x=7 ; break; case PERIOD_M5: HUD.x=7 ; break; case PERIOD_M15: HUD.x=3 ; break; case PERIOD_M30: HUD.x=2 ; break; case PERIOD_H1: HUD.x=12 ; break; case PERIOD_H4: HUD.x=8 ; break; case PERIOD_D1 : HUD.x=12 ; break; case PERIOD_W1: HUD.x=8 ; break; case PERIOD_MN1: HUD.x=7 ; break; } if(corner.HUD > 3) corner.HUD=0; if(corner.HUD == 0 || corner.HUD == 2) rotation = 90; switch(corner.HUD){ case 0 : hud.tf.x = pos.x-HUD.x+10; hud.tf.y = pos.y+18; hud.arrow.x = pos.x-2; hud.arrow.y = pos.y+7; hud.sup.x = pos.x; hud.sup.y = pos.y; hud.dem.x = pos.x; hud.dem.y = pos.y+56; hud.timer.x = pos.x+50; hud.timer.y = pos.y+72; hud.tfs.x = hud.tf.x+1; hud.tfs.y = hud.tf.y+1; hud.arrows.x = hud.arrow.x+1; hud.arrows.y = hud.arrow.y+1; hud.sups.x = hud.sup.x+1; hud.sups.y = hud.sup.y+1; hud.dems.x = hud.dem.x+1; hud.dems.y = hud.dem.y+1; break; case 1 : hud.tf.x = pos.x+HUD.x; hud.tf.y = pos.y+18; hud.arrow.x = pos.x+2; hud.arrow.y = pos.y+7; hud.sup.x = pos.x; hud.sup.y = pos.y; hud.dem.x = pos.x; hud.dem.y = pos.y+56; hud.timer.x = pos.x-15; hud.timer.y = pos.y+71; hud.tfs.x = hud.tf.x-1; hud.tfs.y = hud.tf.y+1; hud.arrows.x = hud.arrow.x-1; hud.arrows.y = hud.arrow.y+1; hud.sups.x = hud.sup.x-1; hud.sups.y = hud.sup.y+1; hud.dems.x = hud.dem.x-1; hud.dems.y = hud.dem.y+1; break; case 2 : hud.tf.x = pos.x-HUD.x; hud.tf.y = pos.y+20; hud.arrow.x = pos.x-2; hud.arrow.y = pos.y+7; hud.sup.x = pos.x; hud.sup.y = pos.y+56; hud.dem.x = pos.x; hud.dem.y = pos.y; hud.timer.x = pos.x+62; hud.timer.y = pos.y+3; hud.tfs.x = hud.tf.x+1; hud.tfs.y = hud.tf.y-1; hud.arrows.x = hud.arrow.x+1; hud.arrows.y = hud.arrow.y-1; hud.sups.x = hud.sup.x+1; hud.sups.y = hud.sup.y-1; hud.dems.x = hud.dem.x+1; hud.dems.y = hud.dem.y-1; break; case 3 : hud.tf.x = pos.x+HUD.x; hud.tf.y = pos.y+20; hud.arrow.x = pos.x+2; hud.arrow.y = pos.y+7; hud.sup.x = pos.x; hud.sup.y = pos.y+56; hud.dem.x = pos.x; hud.dem.y = pos.y; hud.timer.x = pos.x-2; hud.timer.y = pos.y+3; hud.tfs.x = hud.tf.x-1; hud.tfs.y = hud.tf.y-1; hud.arrows.x = hud.arrow.x-1; hud.arrows.y = hud.arrow.y-1; hud.sups.x = hud.sup.x-1; hud.sups.y = hud.sup.y-1; hud.dems.x = hud.dem.x-1; hud.dems.y = hud.dem.y-1; break; } } void DoLogo(){ string TAG = CharToStr(0x61+27)+"II_Logo"; if( ObjectFind(TAG+"ZZ"+0) >= 0 && ObjectFind(TAG+"ZZ"+1) >= 0 && ObjectFind(TAG+"ZZ"+2) >= 0 && ObjectFind(TAG+"AZ"+0) >= 0 && ObjectFind(TAG+"AZ"+1) >= 0 && ObjectFind(TAG+"AZ"+2) >= 0 ) return; string str[3] = {"$","Insanity","Industries"}; int size[3] = {25,10,10}; int pos.x[3] = {47,19,17}; int pos.y[3] = {10,25,15}; int pos.xs[3] = {46,18,16}; int pos.ys[3] = {9,24,14}; for(int i=0;i string n = TAG+"ZZ"+i; ObjectDelete(n); ObjectCreate(n,OBJ_LABEL,0,0,0); ObjectSetText(n,str,size,"Pieces Of Eight",AliceBlue); ObjectSet(n,OBJPROP_XDISTANCE,pos.x); ObjectSet(n,OBJPROP_YDISTANCE,pos.y); ObjectSet(n,OBJPROP_CORNER,3); n = TAG+"AZ"+i; ObjectDelete(n); ObjectCreate(n,OBJ_LABEL,0,0,0); ObjectSetText(n,str,size,"Pieces Of Eight",Black); ObjectSet(n,OBJPROP_XDISTANCE,pos.xs); ObjectSet(n,OBJPROP_YDISTANCE,pos.ys); ObjectSet(n,OBJPROP_CORNER,3); } } void setVisibility() { int per = Period(); visible=0; if(same.tf.vis){ if(forced.tf == per || forced.tf == 0){ switch(per){ case PERIOD_M1: visible= 0x0001 ; break; case PERIOD_M5: visible= 0x0002 ; break; case PERIOD_M15: visible= 0x0004 ; break; case PERIOD_M30: visible= 0x0008 ; break; case PERIOD_H1: visible= 0x0010 ; break; case PERIOD_H4: visible= 0x0020 ; break; case PERIOD_D1: visible= 0x0040 ; break; case PERIOD_W1: visible= 0x0080 ; break; case PERIOD_MN1: visible= 0x0100 ; } } } else { if(show.on.m1) visible += 0x0001; if(show.on.m5) visible += 0x0002; if(show.on.m15) visible += 0x0004; if(show.on.m30) visible += 0x0008; if(show.on.h1) visible += 0x0010; if(show.on.h4) visible += 0x0020; if(show.on.d1) visible += 0x0040; if(show.on.w1) visible += 0x0080; if(show.on.mn) visible += 0x0100; } }
wabbit  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 4:28:48 PM(UTC)
wabbit

I dont think anyone here will want to trawl through that mass of MQL. Post your attempt at coding and people will help you correct your effort. wabbit [:D]
wabbit  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 8:48:13 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Your three rules: 8, maybe 10 lines of code?

wabbit attached the following image(s):
sam1.PNG
ahmedalhosen  
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 10:14:06 PM(UTC)
ahmedalhosen

Hello Wabbit These picture is the exact description of the concept of the "indicator or exploration" and in the last picture you post any candle visit "enter'" the zone 'the box" considered to be a candidate for long position and it could combined with other indicators to confirm the entry NB : the criteria of the demand ''support" or supply"resistance" zones could be changed and the conditions i selected depends on my manual testing and changing of lots of conditions , i.e its not a universal supply demand levels Kindly Wabbit could you do these 8-10 lines of codes Regards
wabbit  
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 10:58:50 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Post your best genuine attempt at the code first.

"There are no slaves here, just people willing to help you help yourself"

ahmedalhosen  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 8:11:48 AM(UTC)
ahmedalhosen

C>O AND Ref(O,-1)>Ref(C,-1) AND C>Ref(H,-1) AND (C-O) > (Ref(O,-1)-Ref(C,-1)) HighB:=ValueWhen(1,C,H); LowB:=ValueWhen(1,O,L); HighB; LowB;
wabbit  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 8:40:51 PM(UTC)
wabbit

The 'V' shaped pivot is not formed by CLOSE price, but LOW prices, and unless you think it's important to your method, the colour of the candle (OPEN vs CLOSE prices) is irrelevant too.

It's very obvious you need to spend some more time with the Equis Formula Primer, and perhaps re-defining your definitions for your method.

BTW: It's easier to use the candlestick codes, Black() and White() instead of OPEN vs CLOSE comparison code.

ahmedalhosen  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 10:44:49 PM(UTC)
ahmedalhosen

ahmedalhosen wrote:
Part 1 C>O AND Ref(O,-1)>Ref(C,-1) AND C>Ref(H,-1) AND (C-O) > (Ref(O,-1)-Ref(C,-1)) Part 2 HighB:=ValueWhen(1,C,H); LowB:=ValueWhen(1,O,L); HighB; LowB;
Regarding to code , i need to draw horizontal lines "part 2" depending on a specific candle pattern "part 1" this is why in part 1 i used a simple candle pattern different from the main concept in ist posts , just to try draw the horizontal lines but it seams i couldnot configure it tell now So how to fix the code to be able to draw the horizontal lines Regards
wabbit  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2012 10:51:54 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Have a read of the MS User Manual for examples on how to use the ValueWhen() function properly.

The Bible wrote:

SYNTAX valuewhen ( Nth, EXPRESSION, DATA ARRAY )

FUNCTION Returns the value of the DATA ARRAY when the EXPRESSION was true on the Nth most recent occurrence. This includes all data loaded in the chart.

EXAMPLE The formula "valuewhen( 2, cross(c,mov(c,10,s), rsi(20) )" returns the value of the RSI on the 2nd most recent occurrence of the closing price crossing above its 10-day moving average.