logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pjnai  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2012 12:30:13 AM(UTC)
pjnai

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I have installed media sentiment pro into my metastock. There is a pop up to login to heads up whenever i open metastock but I can't login. I use windows 7 home and I understand there is some security configuration that is blocking me from logging in. Does any one have any solution? Any whats your experience using media sentiment?
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2012 11:26:37 AM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Whenever there is a suspected security issue stopping a connection, the following should be among the first steps taken:
1) turn off all security programs
2) if using a wireless connection, try connecting directly
3) decrease the security settings in the modem / router
4) use MSconfig to turn off all start-up items in the system configuration
pjnai  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2012 11:37:54 PM(UTC)
pjnai

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi I tried your suggestion but it is still blocking the login. firstly i must understand how the software works. when i open metastock there is a pop up to login to medisentiment. after entering the correct userid and password what is suppose to happen? i only get the screen going off and occassionally poping up again. does it mean is has login or ? Appreciate your kind technical assitance. Rgds Adeline
MS Support  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:12:29 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
When you start MetaStock, it initializes any DLLs in the External Function DLL folder. As part of the initalization, Media Sentiments DLL prompts you for the user ID and password. It then tries to verify that against a database of subscribers through your internet connection. I do not have any information about the communication method, ports used, or protocols the DLL employs as this was all created by Media Sentiment. In general, you should not be prompted again unless it failed to log-in the first time

If you are using online data you may also be prompted to log into your data provider. This should look different from the prompt used by Media Sentiment. it may just be the text in the window or the title, but there will be a difference.