logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patrick  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2005 2:55:40 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Well Henry has been defending the Power pivot plug in and teaching its usage to so many people that I think the author of the plug in should pay him royalties ... What? :eek: Equis made it? :? oh ok ... Well ... I myself do not understand half of what henry has learned about this plug in but in the last year I have yet to see someone prove him wrong ... Now a couple of disclaimers ... Henry let me know if you disagree. 1) Henry did not make this plug in and makes no profit on its sale ( Equis does not pay him anything, which by the way applies to Jose, Roy, Hayseed ... They all share their knowledge freely and are not remunerated by Equis), so it does not matter to him wether you buy the plug in or not. 2) Henry agree's that some of the systems that came pre packaged in the plug in should not be used as is. What Henry is trying to show us are the many uses/functions that come from the plug-in I do not make any recommendation on plug-ins, but if you decide to go with one, be smart and study it ... Like everything don't just follow the pack. This plug in is no exception ... actually it might be more so for this plug in. Patrick :mrgreen:
Flexi  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:54:30 PM(UTC)
Flexi

Henry,

How to code a a>ref(a,-1) for higher frame indicator on a daily chart? On a daily chart these indicator is step and does not cater to a>ref(a,-1).

Whats the hook on ppeval represent?

henry1224  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 4:47:31 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Using the PivotPlus Add-on for higher time frames , you have to realize that the indicator only changes when the chart completes the desired time frame.

on a daily chart a weekly indicator will change after Fridays close.

If you are using A>ref(A,-1) then on Monday your signal will fire a signal

as for the hook on ppeval, When Equis first came out with PowerPivots Plus they included it with version 8.0 as a trial version so that users could use them on the stocks from the Dow 30