logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
techmac  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:13:49 AM(UTC)
techmac

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello there, I am a new Metastock user and a new member of the community too. So, please show kindness...:) I'd like to ask something very specific. Is there a way to write code in C language or C++ and import the code to Metastock without using MDk? I'd much appreciate it if you could give me detailed instructions on how to do it...or give me a link in odrer to find more detailed information. I tried to find information about the issue that i told you about, but i want to be sure that there is a reliable way to do it, and i want a reliable answer too because the code i want to write and then import to Metastock is a little complex, so i'd like to be sure that the effort won't get lost. Thank you in advance.
jjstein  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:05:39 PM(UTC)
jjstein

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Have a look at VitaminC.

techmac  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:33:32 PM(UTC)
techmac

You talk about a software that i need to pay, in order to use it. Is there an other way, without cost? For exmple...is there a way to write the code in a C++ forrmat, in a word processor and then import it to Metastock without using any other software created for developing code for Metastock? Am i wanting too much?
jjstein  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:39:27 PM(UTC)
jjstein

techmac wrote:
Am i wanting too much?

Yes.

wabbit  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:54:03 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
The MDK is not a program nor is it software, primarily it is the .h and .lib files required for interfacing/interacting with MS.

You can use any IDE to write the C/C++ code itself, Visual Studio Express editions are free, Bloodshed C++ IDE is free and there are many others, but they aren't going to help you unless you have the files as delivered in the MDK. In fact, if you know how to drive your compiler, you can write the code in notepad, textpad etc and compile them from the command line without any IDE whatsoever, but again, without the necessary headers you aren't going to be able to call the functions from MS.

wabbit [:D]

techmac  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 9:03:13 AM(UTC)
techmac

Firstly i'd like to thank you for helping me. The information you provide to me is very useful. Secondly, in order to fully clarify the issue...there is no way to write the C++ code in an editor like those you talked about and then, without MDK, import it to MS. Right? Thirdly, by using Vitamin-C, do i also need to buy MDK, to make my code to interact with MS? What i'm trying to say is that, MDK is responsible to make any code to interact with MS and it is necessary in order to encapsulate the headers to the file. Right? Thanks a lot for your patience!
jjstein  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 9:36:28 AM(UTC)
jjstein

techmac wrote:
Secondly, in order to fully clarify the issue...there is no way to write the C++ code in an editor like those you talked about and then, without MDK, import it to MS. Right?

Yes.

techmac wrote:
Thirdly, by using Vitamin-C, do i also need to buy MDK, to make my code to interact with MS?

No.

techmac wrote:
What i'm trying to say is that, MDK is responsible to make any code to interact with MS and it is necessary in order to encapsulate the headers to the file. Right?

If you ALREADY have a C compiler, the MDK gives you the "interface" needed to write code for use in MetaStock. It is NOT needed for VitaminC.