logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wawa  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2011 9:30:36 AM(UTC)
wawa

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

My explorer results based on a weekly scan using daily data open when clicking "Open Chart" in a daily chart. Is there any method to change the opened daily chart to a weekly chart without closing the explorer windows. If running a daily scan and the charts open as a daily chart it is easy to view all results sequentially without closing explorer windows. I want to do the same using a weekly or monthly scan using daily data. Is it possible?

Thanks
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 4:30:21 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
The Explorer just opens the smart chart of the data file you are accessing. It will open it however it was last saved. If you had closed the smart chart in a weekly chart, then it should open as a weekly chart. If it was a daily chart when you closed it last, it should open as a daily chart.

I'm sorry, but the explorer does not have a way to force a desired periodicity on the chart.
wawa  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 1:41:18 PM(UTC)
wawa

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Thanks for your reply. I found an alternative method to accomplish the result. Simply run the scan using daily data. Go to File>open>favorites>results of last scan. Open the first chart which will open in a daily format. Change the time frame to weekly, and the next chart and all subsequent charts will open in a weekly time frame (or monthly if the first chart was changed to a monthly time frame). Also in tools>options>chart options>use chart as template>keep line studies must be checked. So in this way the charts from the explorer scan can be forced to open in the time frame desired, but not from the explorer itself.