logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Traetey  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2010 10:48:37 AM(UTC)
Traetey

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hiya,

Where can I find a conversion list between the Reuters Instrument Code and the local exchange ticker symbols? I'm especially interested in stocks traded on european exchanges (specifically Euronext, XETRA, Frankfurt and LSE). Such a list would be a huge timesaver, it's a wee bit painful to find the "right" security on my broker's listing (I'm with IB btw) after identifying a potential trade in Metastock...

Many thanks,
Treatey
Justin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2010 12:30:57 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

We do have some custom symbol files that contain the ISIN in the name field (so that if you search by name you can type the ISIN to locate the company). We do not have this for all European exchanges, but we do have ones for the Euronext. The file actually configures the port for the DownLoader in addition to extracting the custom SYM files. If you subscribe to Reuters DataLink, you should have received an email containing the link to this file. Because the port varies depending on your data package, I would recommend contacting our support requesting a new link if you need it.
Traetey  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2010 2:27:41 PM(UTC)
Traetey

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Thank you for your reply Justin, this is good news. I will do as you suggested and contact support.