logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Shanghai  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 1:41:11 AM(UTC)
Shanghai

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I have set up a number of local security files and have been trying to update the prices via the Downloader. However out of a total of say 60 files only perhaps 10 will update while the others will display an error message of "no data received". It also seems fairly random which ones are updated and which ones are not so I don't believe it is a problem with my symbols. I am using QuoteCentre. Any ideas where the problem is?
Justin  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 7:02:03 AM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

What time of day do you attempt to download the data? Do you ever try more than once throughout the day?
Shanghai  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 7:18:51 AM(UTC)
Shanghai

Justin wrote:
What time of day do you attempt to download the data? Do you ever try more than once throughout the day?
No set time really, I have tried throughout the day. I tried just now and received nothing. Earlier today i had a success rate of about 20%. Yesterday was a bit better but not much.
Shanghai  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2009 12:37:43 AM(UTC)
Shanghai

A slight update on this is that as a check I made a custom list of LSE shares to see if that worked. These were all downloaded OK but the German shares were not. My data covers these shares so why should there be a problem with German shares?
Justin  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2009 2:37:44 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

If you double click on a symbol in the collection report, what is the "Collection Status" message? What time of day are you trying to collect?
Shanghai  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 6:57:43 AM(UTC)
Shanghai

Justin thanks, however I did manage to solve this. Take BASX for example on the Frankfurt exchange, I had put in the symbol BASX and specified FRA for Frankfurt. However what i should have written instead was de;BASX. Simple mistake but hopefully I won't forget it again.
Mark17  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2010 7:28:56 AM(UTC)
Mark17

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I'm new and I called tech support yesterday to walk me through an exploration. They had me create local data subfolders with The Downloader. This morning, I went to used the Express Download (?) to update my local files. Granted--I did include a lot of subfolders to cover many securities when I set up that local data. However, it's going on well over 30 minutes, now, with the bulk of the time spent on "Building Collection Report." Why is it taking this long? Thanks, Mark