logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alphaman  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 6:20:39 PM(UTC)
alphaman

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I'm getting "unknown symbol" for all stock symbols and all the exchanges (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia) that I have tried.

I started my Reuters data subscription today. I installed Downloader 10.1, installed the latest symbol lookup file. Anything else that I need to do?
Justin  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2010 12:26:25 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

The Collection Report (View-->Last Collection Report) may contain more insight into the problem. You can double click on a symbol in the list and get the "Collection Status" message. Also the exact ticker symbol may help.

Assuming the symbols are correct and you weren't having a User ID / Password issue, it could be that you need to change the port. The ports (depending on the combination of data packages you subscribe to) are as follows:

7983 - North American Data Only
7984 - Asian Data Only
7985 - Asian + North American
7986 - European Data Only
7987 - European + North American
7988 - Asian + European
7989 - North American, Asian, European

Futures & Indices will work on any of the above ports.

You can change the port as follows:

Tools-->Options-->Reuters DataLink-->Advanced (In MetaStock)
Tools-->Vendor Options-->Advanced (In The DownLoader)
alphaman  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2010 4:10:57 PM(UTC)
alphaman

Yes the port change works.

Justin where did you find the information? Yesterday I tried the help file and Equis website but wasn't able to find anything about it.
Justin  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2010 4:22:50 PM(UTC)
Justin

There is a Port FAQ, but since you would likely not be really searching for that, it's not likely you would have found it. We should probably update the web site FAQ's to include the Port as a Connectivity Issue.

The port normally gets configured if you run the [censored]XIRDL10.EXE file that we send in one of the order confirmations. This IRDL10.EXE file basically configures the port based on the data package(s) you subscribe to.
alphaman  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2010 5:34:04 PM(UTC)
alphaman

Oh I see what happened. Yesterday I got the IRDL10.exe email first, which said "Once selected a program will run that will install the proper file for collecting data..."

I thought that was the downloader so I tried to install that, and of course it failed.

Then I got the 2nd email containing the link to the downloader, so I happily installed that and forgot about the IRDL10.exe.

Now that I have manually configured the port, do I still need to install IRDL10.exe.?

Justin  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2010 11:14:37 AM(UTC)
Justin

No, for anyone using version 10 or later, the only purpose of this file is to configure the port. In prior versions, it actually extracted custom SYM files for the Europe and Asia exchanges, but after version 9 we were able to get these exchanges added directly to the symbol database.