logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
meridien  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 2:51:55 AM(UTC)
meridien

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Dear All,

I use Metastock Professional and was very much interested in adding TradeSim to it. Now, it seems, according to the TradeSim website, that it works only with Metastock EOD. How about if I use only daily charts on Metastock Professional, would TradeSim works?

Are there any other software in competition with TradeSim that would work with Metastock Pro?

Thanks for your valuable information.

wabbit  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 8:39:13 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
TradeSim works with both MS Pro and MS EOD versions, it is just that at the moment I believe TradeSim will only process EOD trades. I believe an intraday trading version is due out soon(? if it is not already out there ?) Keep an eye on their website : http://www.compuvision.com.au
snoopy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2009 9:17:15 AM(UTC)
snoopy

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello All

TradeSim now supports the time stamp and has done so for a while. However the problem is that you need historical intraday data in order to back test intraday systems. It won't backtest streaming data in real time if that is what you want to do. The biggest problem is finding a suitable source of historical intraday data.

Regards
David
meridien  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2009 2:45:30 AM(UTC)
meridien

Thanks for your answers.

To help you better understand my needs I copy bellow the email I have sent to Compuvision:

Dear Sirs,

I am afraid my first email to you was not precise enough.

I possess Metastock Professional 9 with eSignal data stream. Eventhough I have a intraday data stream, I use only EOD charts. I would like to use TradeSim to backtest a system using the esignal data (I will only use EOD data) and to do so when the markets are closed (thinking it could void the problem caused by streaming data).

Does TradeSim can be used under the conditions described above?

Regards,

Bulli  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:50:47 AM(UTC)
Bulli

Well, you will create the file using the explorer, and Metastock can handle this with or without streaming data, since it will take only the data till the moment you choose in the explorer and ignore what comes next.

Tradesim will use the result of the exploration file to process the analsis of the system.

So, if I understood correctly you should not be having a problem at all in this matter, or am I missing something here?

regads,

Bulli