logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
underground  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:14:01 PM(UTC)
underground

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Ok question I have created a DLL which outputs my functions values to a txt file. The Output function creates two txt files one called Entire (sends all the loaded bars from the chart) and another one called Update (just sends the closing bars value). The dll runs fine but over the course of the day the problem I'm finding is Metastock swaps the files sending the information to the wrong txt file. Im wondering is Metastock having a memory allocation problem when I overload the computer? And does anyone have a suggestion to correcting this issue?

Thanks for your help,

wabbit  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 5:53:26 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Are you making sure to set all things that should be set to NULL are set to NULL at the end of the function? Have you checked for memory leaks? Are you opening, writing and then closing the file each time, or are you leaving the file open for subsequent writes? If you post your codes we would have a better chance to locate any problems.

wabbit [:D]

underground  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2009 4:25:42 PM(UTC)
underground

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I think i figured out the problem its not the dll, but now sure how to fix the issue - the indicator which I have written within the forumla builder (which reference's my dll) seems give me this error when I edit the code within the indicator builder "Formula too complex (temp array overflow)". I have posted the formula within the following forum to see if it can be rewritten somehow, any suggestions would be helpful.

http://forum.equis.com/forums/thread/29782.aspx