logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
santhoshml  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2009 12:22:52 AM(UTC)
santhoshml

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello All,

I am a new member to MS and to this message board. I have few questions regarding MS tool.

1. How can we get a buy and sell signal using candlestick Expert advisor ?

2. How to see the symbol of a security when the graph is opened (It only shows the complete name of the security which gives very little idea of the symbol unless lookup on other sites) ?

3. How to find the sector of the security easily using Metastock ?

4. Resistance and Support don't look appropriate.Is there anything I need to do for them to be very accurate ?

5. When I run John Murphy Confirmed Entry Signal Indicator explorer on all the securites of NASDAQ, none of them qualify and everything appear in the rejects tab. It gives the following message for most of the securities "Error in column A: An MSX DLL is reporting an internal error. Referenced DLL: "MurphyMorris.IdentifyHST" DLL Message: Data array is too small". For most of the securities I have data from 1/1/2000. The above message is little surprising to me.

Thanks in advance for everyone.
-- Santhosh ML
wabbit  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2009 5:36:34 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hi santosh,

Welcome to the forum.

santhoshml wrote:
1. How can we get a buy and sell signal using candlestick Expert advisor ?

The expert does not generate buy and sell signals, it just provides information on what candlestick patterns have formed. If you want to enter long on a doji star or something like that, then you will need to do some work to write an expert of your own, or add to the built-in expert.

santhoshml wrote:
2. How to see the symbol of a security when the graph is opened (It only shows the complete name of the security which gives very little idea of the symbol unless lookup on other sites) ?
Format > Chart Window > Title > Title bar

santhoshml wrote:
3. How to find the sector of the security easily using Metastock ?
This is a data question, not a MS problem.: Get your data provider to separate your data for you, or find out how your data provider arranges their customised lists.

santhoshml wrote:
4. Resistance and Support don't look appropriate.Is there anything I need to do for them to be very accurate ?
This depends on how you are defining support and resistance.

santhoshml wrote:
5. When I run John Murphy Confirmed Entry Signal Indicator explorer on all the securities of NASDAQ, none of them qualify and everything appear in the rejects tab. It gives the following message for most of the securities "Error in column A: An MSX DLL is reporting an internal error. Referenced DLL: "MurphyMorris.IdentifyHST" DLL Message: Data array is too small". For most of the securities I have data from 1/1/2000. The above message is little surprising to me.
You may have downloaded this much data, but how much data is the exploration using? Uncheck the "Load Minimum Records" and load the right amount of data as required by the plugin.

Hope this helps.

wabbit [:D]