logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alexneoh  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2008 7:58:00 AM(UTC)
alexneoh

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi all MS expert,

May i have yours help to share How to convert .DAT file to .MWD file - Please help....

Thanks a lot in advance.....

wabbit  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2008 8:56:50 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum.

.MWD and .DAT are both MS format files.

I forget the reference, but this is something I have on my computer regarding these file types:

unknown source, it might have been Mansoor? wrote:
Metastock data is stored in files named F[censored].DAT (where [censored]=1..255) and F[censored]x.MWD (where [censored]x=257..2000). Identifying which stock a "DAT" (or "MWD") file pertains to requires one of three symbol index files: MASTER, EMASTER, or XMASTER.

MASTER and EMASTER are symbol index files that identify the 255 symbols held by each of the 255 F[censored].DAT files (255 was the limit of earlier Metastock versions). For example, F1.DAT, F2.DAT, F3.DAT, ... F255.DAT.

XMASTER is Metastock's latest symbol index file (for versions 6.5x and later) that references the symbols held by the F[censored]x.MWD files. This facilitates storing more than 255 symbols in each directory. For example, F256.MWD, F257.MWD, F258.MWD, ... F2000.MWD).

If you are having troubles opening files, the most likely cause is not the format of the .DAT or .MWD file, but the definition of these files in the MASTER files.

wabbit [:D]

alexneoh  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 7, 2008 3:44:47 AM(UTC)
alexneoh

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi Wabbit and all MS expert,

thanks for your reply. I know that .DAT and .MWD are belonging to MS file, but i still cant open the .DAT file which i got it from one of the EOD data provider.

The provided .DAT file is use for that particular software but i wish to use the same data into MS software.

How can i open the .DAT file provide by other TA software company into MS software? Please and thanks for your advice.

I tried to use the converter software (asc2ms) convert .DAT to .MWD but notting come out. May i know how to use this converter software? Any procedure? Is after convert then the data can be use in MS software?

Why the downloader cant help the user to convert EOD data from other source into MWD file which use in MS software?

Thanks a lot in advance for the kind and expertise reply.