logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
appress  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2008 5:45:12 AM(UTC)
appress

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi, is there a way of getting FTSE100 data in the Downloader? My data is grouped but only for US stocks, for European stocks the finest granularity I can seem to achieve is by exchange, so I can tell a stock is in the LSE as opposed to the AEX or MIB, but I am having trouble separating the stocks into FTSE100, FTSE250 etc. The best way I've found so far is the time consuming manual method (list the FTSE 100 then create a folder with the individual stocks in there)

This would help me then focus on the more traded stocks.

Is the Downloader the best place to do this?

cheers

Phil

appress  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2008 3:16:20 PM(UTC)
appress

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

found it: use of custom symbol lists in downloader. see the help, create a .sym file in the dpwnloader folder. use existing as template.

Wikipedia provides good complete up to date lists.

Justin  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2008 3:22:45 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

There are quite a large number of breakdowns for symbols internationally, and unfortunately it would take quite a lot of time to update these manually every month (and we currently do not have a way to automate this).

We can help create SYM files based off of Indexes by request, however. If there is a particular index you are interested in, feel free to email support@equis.com with a request for a SYM file.
pkinvest  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2008 2:07:14 AM(UTC)
pkinvest

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Clay triedtohelp about a moth ago.
Reuters Quotecenter can be used to list the components of the STOXX groups. Regrettably, there is a 500 stock limit so you cannot see all 600 of the STOXX600 - unless you pay extra to have more than 500 stocks.

So - if you pay extra - you can simply cut and past the list from what Metastock - Equis can give you - and then from there - make a copy into a list and tem import the list into MS as a group.

I have not been able to complete it in its entirety since I can only list 500 stocks - but I will give it another go this weekend. Once it is in the Quotecenter format- you can highlight the gb stocks -which I would imagine being close to the FTSE 100... Or get the list - updated from the FTSE LSE site... and then cut and past it into a lost using excel to notepad etc....